ooooooooooo

Waste Gate Boost Increase Valve

44Bogger

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor Boost Increase Valve – RxR Performance

So who all has tried this out?

I remember Jimmyb saying the waste gate opened too soon during his experimenting with it.

I, like many others, have a Vivid tune and EGR delete.

At $30 it seems like a no-brainer unless some of the diesel experts out there think it is a bad idea.

Coal rolling is new to me.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Increasing boost should reduce coal rolling or smoke in general as that happens mostly in the absence of diesel lean burn.

There should be a mountain of possible waste-gate control devices from the tuner world. I'd like to see a heat/efficiency mapping of the turbo model before I up the boost.

MikeT

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hmmm. Vivid told me that the boost increase does nothing on the stage 1 ECU but is very good on the stage 2. I personally do not know.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I just installed an EGT and boost gauge on mine and it is still stock. I have them installed and am going to wire them today.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Anyone done an EGT and boost gauge on a stocker to get a base line?
I just installed an EGT and boost gauge on mine and it is still stock. I have them installed and am going to wire them today.

M151

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #

Ditto here. My gauges are in but haven't drove it since. I plan on getting some baseline numbers this Friday. I think I read where a stock 2.5 runs about 9 psi boost? Never heard any EGT numbers.

milton

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Had Vivid (new) stage 2 with turbo boost to 16 psi. They re map fuel supply and timing to keep EGT in line. Drive more on black top
than off road. Yes I did have stage one, they will credit you for stage 2. Stage one was great, how it should have been from factory,
but it left me with gas on the floor in 3rd & 4th gear. New stage 2 where you feel power in in torque, don't wind up past 2500 rpm
pulls strong, no black smoke. I think it's perfect. No I did not replace clutch, driving around town maybe no need, down the road
if I need to replace will be happy too. Love the tune and the power.

wrkdady

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
While installing the turbo boost valve I broke off the nipple on the waste gate right next to the turbo. My dealer got with Roxor and they don't sell the individual waste gate valve. Any ideas?

milton

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
It was hard to get to the waste gate, and a tight turn and can see how it may break. Not sure what you should do. Milton

gpfred

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
i went with stage one-- installed boost valve and realized that doesnt really play a roll with stage one-- milton was there a big differance when you went to stage two--- i dont understand remap fuel and all that other stuff--- i put in cold air intake and took catalatic pipe off and beat out all the goodies in there but thinking i need more --- should have gone with stage two right off the bat

RCF

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
This happened to someone else on this site and I believe it also happened to one of the tuner companies, while watching a video on remapping and power gains I noticed a brass end where nipple usually is . Contact vivid tune,then diesel freaks and last would be RxR one of these guys might have a fix

milton

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Yes sir, New stage 2 is the way to go. Old stage 2 mainly added more fuel, yes it made more power with lots of black smoke'
I also added boost valve before new stage two it helped some. I did have concerns of lean fuel mix. here comes Vivid racing with
turbo boost to 16 psi, with fuel curve to match, 105 hp 225lbs torque. Go to Vivid web site watch video on the new tune.
My motor appears to like it, perfect idle, no different sounds, with added torque no need to wind up rpm.
Did cold air intake make turbo sounds louder?

gpfred

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
thanks for the reply--no i dont think it did-- sending it back to vivid monday lol for stage two