ooooooooooo

txroadkills roxor

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Thought I’d put up a thread showing some of what I’ve done. Not gonna put up a lot of details so far as I haven’t done much and most of what I’ve done has been mentioned in other threads. Started with a 2018 base model. Currently has a stage 1 Vivid tune, OTR windshield and wipers, front and rear bumper and level lift springs, Climax off road’s rear level shackles. I added a Bestop rear seat and CJ seat belts. Changed out the rops to the 4 seater rops. I added factory heater and defrost. I also did a scanguage 2 velcroed to the dash. This added some other gauges that is absent from the factory cluster. There is another thread here that details it and the codes for the gauges. I just added some Cooper Discoverer MTP tires in 33-12.50-15 flavor on some Procomp steel wheels with 2.5” backspacing. In doing the research these wheels have the same offset as adding a 2” wheel spacer to the stock wheels. Gears and lockers to come...

e1cdfe4b01f06f8de0bb4f7a29360a95.jpg

2aa4f40715408524af2d427a5ccd8e96.jpg

64a16be27edd2593202b0d9833b8c5b1.jpg

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
The tune is great. No issues and it lets me scoot down the road at speeds up to 70 mph (stock tires). Still need to get on the road with the new tires. But it worried if it won’t hold speed as I’m regearing In the future.

Tonopah

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I'm in the "thinking about buying one" camp right now. I'd be looking at a 2020 manual with the 5.38 gearing -- but a 55mph speed limiter is a no go for me. Vivid Racing is located in Phoenix and that would let me deal with the tuner face to face instead of by mail. That appeals to me. The more I look at a Roxer though, the more I see in mods that will run up the price. Oh well, I own two Jeeps now so I ought to be used to that.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Until you get bigger tires those gears will be more of a speed limiter than the ECM governed down. Once you lift and go bigger then you’ll need that speed limiter removed for sure. 2 jeeps and a roxor your gonna need some stimulus money.

Paulson

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I'm in the "thinking about buying one" camp right now. I'd be looking at a 2020 manual with the 5.38 gearing -- but a 55mph speed limiter is a no go for me. Vivid Racing is located in Phoenix and that would let me deal with the tuner face to face instead of by mail. That appeals to me. The more I look at a Roxer though, the more I see in mods that will run up the price. Oh well, I own two Jeeps now so I ought to be used to that.
with 5.38s. you would be running close to redline at 55.

Tonopah

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Paulson -- I am begining to see your point:

"Keep in mind these are all 2018 or 2019 models getting this speed. The 2020 has lower 5:43 gears compared to the 3:73 of prior years. tuning and eliminating the speed limiter will only get you to about 60MPH before reaching 3000 RPM. As a dealer I would recommend if it's to be a highway vehicle of any kind buy a 2019 for sure. If it's going to be a ranch rig and hardly see any road use then a 2020 is the way to go. Good luck and which ever way you go they are the best SxS out there hands down."

Col Remo

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Love the OD green. I couldn't pass up the deal I was getting on the 2018 gray Roxor with a lot of extras or i would have got the OD. Bitchin' Ride! Do you plan on getting the soft cab for the 4 ROPS?

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Love the OD green. I couldn't pass up the deal I was getting on the 2018 gray Roxor with a lot of extras or i would have got the OD. Bitchin' Ride! Do you plan on getting the soft cab for the 4 ROPS?
No plans for the soft cab. No ac and it gets way to hot in south Texas for that. Winters fairly mild too. I‘m going to ditch the 2 seat rops bikini top and get something that covers the rear too. The fortress metal top looks great but pricey. Even the Roxor factory bestop 4 seat rops bikini is pricey. At this point I’m either gonna make my own metal top or save up for the fortress. Ideally I’d have a metal top with snaps on the top and the tub and just snap on sides for inclement weather. A set of half doors with some uppers also. And I‘d also be a lotto winner to afford all of that...

B

Bister

No plans for the soft cab. No ac and it gets way to hot in south Texas for that. Winters fairly mild too. I‘m going to ditch the 2 seat rops bikini top and get something that covers the rear too. The fortress metal top looks great but pricey. Even the Roxor factory bestop 4 seat rops bikini is pricey. At this point I’m either gonna make my own metal top or save up for the fortress. Ideally I’d have a metal top with snaps on the top and the tub and just snap on sides for inclement weather. A set of half doors with some uppers also. And I‘d also be a lotto winner to afford all of that...
Yeah, do not do the existing Roxor soft cab for the 2 seater, the zippers suck and fail. I am amazed they are still offering it after all the problems. Mine failed twice, I gave up and built my own door. If nothing comes out by next winter, I'm thinking I will fab up my own cab.

257298A9-58A1-4D18-8837-AE7759ED015C.jpegF9C3FFDA-91C4-4C0A-A47D-DA588EF09AF8.jpeg03468762-303A-469B-843D-2764A291A63C.jpeg68294E51-9270-4350-A856-E5FEB6887C91.jpegFF44D840-F500-4172-B4B2-B562CC3D488D.jpeg

Col Remo

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
[/QUO

I live at 6000 feet so it get too cold without an enclosure. the 4 ROPS enclosure should be fine in the summer if I open up the windows and take off the doors. I will probably get one after I sell one of my motor cycles.

plumbstraight

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #

So far I have about 300 in steel and my time. Of course 5 windows and paint will add to that, but a metal cab with soundproofing I am hoping will workout for me. Would have made a full cab, but would no give me room when loaded for my fifthwheel to hookup.
20200603_151607.jpg
20200603_151607.jpg
oh yes the addition of a cj windshield with wipers. It all adds up but worth it to be out of the weather 20200210_154749.jpg

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Just checking in. I’ve installed some 4.88 gears and ox lockers front/rear with upgraded shafts. 60 mph is now around 2400 rpms. Had some gear oil spitting out rear vent due to over filling of diff. Baffle was installed. Anyone running an aftermarket diff cover on rear be sure to install a baffle. Factory covers have a bafflle on it. Ring gear throws the oil on rear diff towards the vent so a baffle on that casting hole is a necessity with an aftermarket diff cover. Bout to change the break in oil out and I’ve ran an extended breather line to a modified Gatorade bottle to catch the oil as it’s was ending up on my exhaust making a terrible smell. I opened the fill plug and drained some oil out and now it seems to be good as my catch can hasn’t caught any oil. After the oil change if all is still good I’m putting a vent end on the line. For those wanting to extend breather lines, 1/4” fuel line works. Roxor now has about 1700 miles and still running good. About all that is left in my build is some Cecco rockers and then swapping the OTR rear bumper for a Cecco bumper with tire carrier. Anyone that has some seeds for a money tree I’d like to purchase a few seeds.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I’m gonna try and update this thread with some of the latest things I’ve done. For now I’m gonna link some separated threads here.

34/78 battery upgrade

My warn 8274 winch and mount

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
So after a few years of extreme suspension abuse by moving items way heavier than Mahindra intended the rear springs sagged to a point where any weight in the back caused me to hit the bump stops. At one point I swapped the shocks out to some KYB shocks that were valved fairly heavy and that helped some but the problem still existed. I ended up getting a set of 3” rear lift springs off of eBay from McVeigh truck springs.

Previously I had an OTR level springs in the front and climax shackles in the rear. That combined with a Cecco body lift gave enough room to run 33s without rubbing while out in the pastures. However I knew that I needed to work on my bumpstops for any actual wheeling. So I installed the new rear springs and was hoping to reuse the factory shackles to keep the Roxor fairly level or a slight rake. No such luck as I couldn’t get the springs in the stock shackles to mount up. So instead of fighting them I just kept the climax shackles in the rear and put the stock rear shackles on the front. I was still too low on the front so I added the climax shackles to the front as well. The end result of this combo was a rake that is very similar to stock but with much better springs. I’ll take that as the stock springs are prone to sag with any use it seems.

On to the bumpstops. I believe the stops I made came out to about 1.5” or 1.75” in the front and rear with the ear I think slightly longer. I used what was essentially scrap iron I had around the shop and some square tubing I bought at TSC. The fronts were just spacers for the stock bumpstops and while they won’t hold up to high speed jumps they are just fine for slow speed crawling. The rears were just tubing spacers that I bolted up to the flat area in the frame that the bumpstops make contact with

The abuse I did
2E036DD3-DA09-45D1-9087-BF75A7B93331.jpeg
CD9B4C8A-D068-44E9-B80A-A5C06A186851.jpeg
027841BE-9D04-4830-ABA0-066E2C37502B.jpeg

The before setup unloaded
28ED7343-51CE-4C4D-A2A3-0656ACC59C94.jpeg