ooooooooooo

Turning Radius

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Has anyone messed with this yet? Seems like there is significant room for improvement.

tben87

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Considering it has leaf springs at all corners it probably is what it is. There's usually some sort of stop adjustment on the steering knuckle to let the wheel turn further but it's usually near or close to the safe point where the tire won't hit the springs, frame or something else for that matter. But then again, maybe they were very conservative in thinking that most people will go with wider tires. Or perhaps it is a steering part limitation. But without having a Roxor front end to look at, this is just speculation.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I'll get under it this weekend I think, and poke around.

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I picked mine up today and this was the first thing I did. Turning radius to the left was much worse than the right. There is a 13/16” jam nut and a 9/16” bolt. Loosen the jam nut and adjust the bolt in until the tire is close to the leaf spring. Turning radius was increased by 50%. Hope this helps

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I’m definitely gonna fiddle with this. Thanks!!

Doshounds

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I "fixed" mine also. I believe the Factory sets it so you can't turn sharp for Liability reasons.

foxstand

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I turned mine in as well. It didn't have a Jam nut though. They must have done something else because I needed a wrench to turn it.

General

Founding Member
The steering limiter bolts are located just rearward of the knuckle. It's a bolt about 2 inches long with a 14mm head and a 17mm jam nut at the base. You loosen the jam nut, then twist the bolt in or out until you get to the right spot. The right spot is where your tire is may 1/2 inch from hitting stuff. I have 32.5" diameter tires with 2" leaf spring lift, and the nearest thing to hitting is the rearward end of the tire hitting the leaf spring. The forward part of the tire is less close than the back, so use the back to gauge how far you set your steering limiter bolts. There's one on the left knuckle and an identical one on the right knuckle, and you have to adjust both of them, hopefully evenly.