ooooooooooo

Turn signal options

lcp

Fellas,
My 2018 came with stud mounted front turn signals that, in my opinion, are hideous and vulnerable to being scraped off by a branch on our trails. Here's a pic of what I have:

1675796010875.png

I'd like to replace these with something a little more streamlined and maybe use the existing ~1/4" holes to mount them. These lights are 3-wire lights to act as running lights and turn signals. Has anybody seen any options that might fit the bill?

secretv

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
You could plug the holes and use headlights with integrated signals.

lcp

You could plug the holes and use headlights with integrated signals.
I just watched a youtube video where a guy did this. They claimed the LED headlights were an improvement over the factory, but I've been disappointed with LED headlights before not reaching out as far as the halogens. Did you use LED headlights?

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Replica CJ grill turn signals in grill and a blinker genie going to side markers to make them turn signals as well. Then put bolts to cover your existing holes.

Reactions: lcp

lcp

I'm not sure how well these are going to work, but I ordered them and plan to drop the wires down thru the hole the previous owner drilled thru the fender and just use 3M double sided tape to mount the lights. I might paint the graphite part black to match the bumpers. If the work decently, these lights should be less likely to snag a branch and less likely to damage the fender if they do.

1675826751471.png

Last edited:

lcp

Replica CJ grill turn signals in grill and a blinker genie going to side markers to make them turn signals as well. Then put bolts to cover your existing holes.
I like that idea and considered it, but the way I have my hi-lift jack mounted on the front bumper I'm afraid they would be somewhat covered up. I found 3/4", 1", and 2" round grommet mounted marker lights that looked like they would work well in a grill mount. Most were 2 wire lights. The lights currently on my machine are 3 wire, so these should be quick and easy to swap out.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Yea, I wish I would have had mine mounted higher but the cad drawing of the grill had them in this position so it’s what I got. I originally had them higher on my factory grill. Overall I don’t loose sleep over it.

16A30743-925C-46BA-961B-15E27F1755D9.jpeg

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Don’t be afraid to use a 2 wire marker light. Add the blinker genie and have it going to the front light and side markers and you’ll have flashers and markers on front and sides.

lcp

Don’t be afraid to use a 2 wire marker light. Add the blinker genie and have it going to the front light and side markers and you’ll have flashers and markers on front and sides.
Great idea. That Blinker Genie definitely opens up more options. Thanks.

secretv

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I went with replacement headlights after I'd already wired up some turn signals, in stead of the blinker genie I did a diode/resistor deal for the side markers.

Here is the post where I detailed some of my steps.

Last edited:
Reactions: lcp

lcp

Ok, the turn signals came in today so I threw them on. So far, I think I'm going to be happy with them as they are sleeker, more attractive, and less vulnerable to snagging on brush than the old stem mounted units. I just mounted them with automotive 3M double-sided tape, so time will tell how that holds up. If the tape fails, I can use the small screws they cam with to mount them.

Old Turn Signals
1676424914690.jpeg

And, The New Ones
IMG_9118.jpg
IMG_9120.jpg
IMG_9121.jpg

Last edited: