ooooooooooo

Towing your Rox - Tow Dolly

robertdmerrill99

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hello all - does anyone tow their Rox to trails? If so, is it safe to use a tow dolly? Not sure if there is risk to the transfer case towing in neutral, or other considerations etc. Any recommendations on brand/product? Thanks in advance for the feedback.

B

Bister

Front hubs (required) unlocked, transmission in first gear and transfer case in neutral, max 55 mph is what is recommended in the owners manual.

I'm sure other can give you recommendations of what they are using/doing. I don't tow mine, I only use it where I live and never farther than 5 miles from home usually, except to fill my fuel jugs, then it's 15.

Last edited by a moderator:

ocsteadyeddie

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have a A/T 2019 Roxor and I have used both the tow dolly and now a tow bar. For both, I was advised by the dealership and Roxor mechanic... transfer case in neutral and transmission in neutral, front hubs unlocked. I have towed mine at approx. 65mph and I have had zero issues.

B

Bister

I have a A/T 2019 Roxor and I have used both the tow dolly and now a tow bar. For both, I was advised by the dealership and Roxor mechanic... transfer case in neutral and transmission in neutral, front hubs unlocked. I have towed mine at approx. 65mph and I have had zero issues.
Standard transmission are to be in first gear, never neutral for the transmission.

I know there is a special process listed in the owners manual for the automatics and it is to be in park also.

Your dealer and mechanic should check the manual. lol

Screen Shot 2021-02-25 at 1.08.45 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-02-25 at 1.09.07 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-02-25 at 1.08.45 PM.png Screen Shot 2021-02-25 at 1.09.07 PM.png

Last edited by a moderator:

ocsteadyeddie

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Standard transmission are to be in first gear, never neutral for the transmission.

I know there is a special process listed in the owners manual for the automatics and it is to be in park also.

Your dealer and mechanic should check the manual. lol

View attachment 8693View attachment 8694

View attachment 8693 View attachment 8694
Yes, I've done both positions... if I leave it in drive... the rear driveline rotates... If I leave it in neutral... the front driveline rotates... Not sure which is worse for travel??

B

Bister

Yes, I've done both positions... if I leave it in drive... the rear driveline rotates... If I leave it in neutral... the front driveline rotates... Not sure which is worse for travel??
The reason the transmission is supposed to be in gear is to prevent it from turning without proper lubrication.