ooooooooooo

thoughts on removing anti sway bars?

Shortbus

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Took my sway bars off a couple of weeks ago and have not noticed any significant body roll, seems to help with articulation.

JonBoyK

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have taken off my front and it indeed helps with articulation, kept the rear on since most of what i have read it is not as effected as the front, plus it helps with stability on road. Stock tune I would say both are unneeded...tuned I would keep the rear on.

BoxRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
What about front brake lines??

44Bogger

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
What about front brake lines??

I'll say it since no one else will.

Do not remove your brake lines!

However my sway bar has been off since about day 5 and no issues. 1,000 mostly asphalt miles later and no issue. 32" Swampers and leveling kit. Used a floor jack to fully articulate suspension and still have wiggle room left on lines.

Now we have a Roxor at work that I left stock for liability reasons except for tune and stock size KO's. It has a 80 gallon wildfire fighting tank in the back of it. It sways like a *itch with all the extra weight. And for those wondering, it sits level with the tank full.

Haerterich

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Brake lines are fine until you lift your Roxor and install longer shocks. The stock shocks max extend is not enough to damage brake lines.

Max A.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I took mine off as soon as I got home from the dealer. I did end up breaking both brake lines....not from down travel but from up travel. The knuckles came up and snapped them off at full flex. I replaced the one side and the very next time I went out the other side broke. I ran new hard lines from the master cylinder to the wheels so I could run standard brake lines. (Hard to find AN fittings around here). I now run rear brake lines from a 2003 honda accord, easy to get at any parts store, long, and dirt cheap.

BoxRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I took mine off as soon as I got home from the dealer. I did end up breaking both brake lines....not from down travel but from up travel. The knuckles came up and snapped them off at full flex. I replaced the one side and the very next time I went out the other side broke. I ran new hard lines from the master cylinder to the wheels so I could run standard brake lines. (Hard to find AN fittings around here). I now run rear brake lines from a 2003 honda accord, easy to get at any parts store, long, and dirt cheap.

How much longer are your new lines compared to stock?

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
OTR now offers longer brake lines by themselves.

BoxRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Made sway bar link brackets to hold sway bar up and out of the way. And the brackets keep the links on the Roxor so they don’t get lost! Still need to wrench to disconnect but no big deal. Haven’t tried “no links” yet but ready! Thinking brake lines and shocks will be an issue but haven’t lifted so maybe not. Running 32” tires though. Let y’all know how much stuff I break!

BoxRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner

Curious- Did you remove axle bump stops?

Max A.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I did not remove the bump stops. All stock at that time, minus a sway bar.

BoxRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Here’s what I did to stow links and hold sway bar up out of the way. Switching from connected to not is a pain because the links won’t swing clear of bar. But an appropriate link that disconnected in the middle would fix that. And the connection to bottom of leaf spring pack is a weld on stud so no good way to modify to a pin?

At least all the pieces are there so won’t get lost. And really only a few minutes to put back to stock. Put bracket on both sides. Tapped for M8 bolt
C5CF7871-7732-45D0-951E-8A9B05ECD364.jpeg

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
This topic of sway bars I've had mine disconnected now for over a month. I drive mine to work and to play. I haven't noticed a single difference. I don't drive high speeds, plus even I do wheel I don't have to remove. I plan on completing removing everything shortly. Anti sway not needed