ooooooooooo

Thar Grill

CanadianRoxor

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I guess it is very early but if we can find out if the Roxor and Thar share the same overall grill layout it would be an easy swap. I talked to a Mahindra Willys/Thar customization shop in Northern India and he is willing to ship the grills to Canada and the US for $200. The grill would come unpainted. I'll share some more info later once I can confirm the fitment.

tben87

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
If I was a betting man, I'd say someone already has a stack of those grills in the US and they've already got the Mahindra paint codes. And they'll sell you a grille that already matches perfectly, probably for the same price or maybe even less. The paint mahindra uses is just a single stage urethane so its just about the most cheapest and common paint available. But I'm right with you that it'll probably be one of the biggest mods. Considering all the sheet metal comes from India, I bet the grille brand new in India is stupid stupid cheap. The aftermarket seems to be 4 steps ahead of the rollout. Crown auto has CJ7 grilles for 200 can. I know they mount the same to the roxor frame as a jeep. But I have no idea if the dimensions are exact or if the fender mounting is the same. I'm waiting to see someone else find out first. Because if they do fit or require minor fitment that would be an easy and factory looking way of getting blinkers and front park lights. The possibilities are endless. Nice to think about.

04441.jpg

CanadianRoxor

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Tben87, I wouldn't be surprised. Accessories for the Thar are dirt cheap in India, for example my cousin has a Thar in India and he bought a heavy duty front and rear bumper and it cost him 11,500 and 13,000 Indian Rupees for both. In today's dollars that is $380 dollars USD.

sandyx

Founding Member
When it comes to grill, the insect mesh look is quite popular in India. It's quite practical and gives the vehicle a neat look while still keeping the 7-slats visible.

mahindra_thar_2014_diesel_mahindra_thar_di_4wd_ps_bs_iii_2014_5090072514561907104.jpgDSC_2470.JPGInsect mesh  headlamp guard.jpgIMG_0375.JPG

Light Grill & Insect Mesh | Bimbra 4x4

Last edited:

tben87

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Hats off to Westfab. They've already got the slotted grille and blinker conversion going on. I just saw it on the site. Windshield and wipers are on the way they say. Great job guys.

32222297_219181025335101_3049296483737141248_n.jpg

on_the_rox

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hats off to Westfab. They've already got the slotted grille and blinker conversion going on. I just saw it on the site. Windshield and wipers are on the way they say. Great job guys.

View attachment 388
Hey thanks tben87 for sharing this! Yes we do have ours designed, and it is very similar to this one that is on our Roxor! We should have them ready to ship here very soon. By the way, Westfab is operating as On the Rox fabrication for our line of accessories!

on_the_rox

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hey everyone, we have our new grilles designed and we already have one of them installed on our Roxor! Check them out, and let us know if you would like one!

DSCN0698-800x600.JPG DSCN0708tqt4.JPG DSCN0708-800x600.JPG

sandyx

Founding Member
Hey everyone, we have our new grilles designed and we already have one of them installed on our Roxor! Check them out, and let us know if you would like one!

I've requested this before on your fb too about pressed grill slat look. You did reply in the positive. It would be great if they come out in next batch.

tben87

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I just noticed that the production run of the on the rox fab grilles only have 6 slots whilst the 1st one they did had 7.

General

Founding Member
I just noticed that the production run of the on the rox fab grilles only have 6 slots whilst the 1st one they did had 7.
That's disappointing. OnTheRox, would you please comment on this? This thread post #6 (black) shows 7 slots, whereas post #8 (silver) shows 6 slots. How much extra would you charge to make a 7-slot grill??? If Jeep is getting grumpy with you about trademark infringement, then maybe another person/vendor/company can take my money for a 7-slot.