ooooooooooo

Thank You, Bister

SMF

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Bister,
See from the "Affordable Options To Doors" thread, that you've moved on. That's a real shame. Maybe you'll come across these comments regardless. As many of us know, you were here from early days and made quite a contribution in terms of getting folks interested in and excited about Roxors. Members here owe you a debt of gratitude for your many interesting posts from Canada's snowy north woods. No doubt, those represented a few hundred hours of your time and always offered a unique perspective. For any who have had to figure out how to extract one of those notoriously stubborn dash panel plugs for a rocker switch, you saved them much time and frustration with your clever how to advice. So, a lot of us will miss your commentary and hope you may find the way clear to circle back. Everyone brings different experience to this space and it best remain a place rooted in civility and learning, with divisive nonsense checked at the door. Thanks again, Bister.

Vinny

Supporting Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
THAT REALLY SUCKS! That explains why there was no reply when I credited him with my hitch choice. Yes, I'm also one of those that learned how to remove the dash panel blanks without using a sledgehammer.
It would be nice to have a forum where people could discuss their project without some
a -hole ruining it for others. Seems to always be at least one.

Buckpasser

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I’m a longtime member of an outdoor forum. It really hurts when you lose a senior member. Especially a daily or weekly contributor. I’m new here but have benefited from Bister’s content. I don’t really know how it works here, but even if he was banned I hope he makes it back somehow. Some of my GON comrades are on their second or third lives! Haha

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I miss him here as well. You can still him and his Roxor and their exploits over on Facebook but I know not everyone here has it.

Collin S.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I’m a longtime member of an outdoor forum. It really hurts when you lose a senior member. Especially a daily or weekly contributor. I’m new here but have benefited from Bister’s content. I don’t really know how it works here, but even if he was banned I hope he makes it back somehow. Some of my GON comrades are on their second or third lives! Haha
To be clear, he was not banned at all from this site. He left because of the endless harassment from a member. Bister was continuously stoked about Roxor’s and one specific member was horrible to him. I have been on the receiving end of that member’s antics as well so I fully understand why Bister left. All Bister and I tried to do in the end was be positive and get people stoked on their rig and this other member wouldn’t have it.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
A lot of us saw the nasty comments that turd posted.
The question is, why wasn't he banned ?
that’s a good question. Who is our mod? I don’t believe we have one that is watching the board that often. it was a situation that should have been stopped and handled better Before it got to this point.

Collin S.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
that’s a good question. Who is our mod? I don’t believe we have one that is watching the board that often. it was a situation that should have been stopped and handled better Before it got to this point.
I don’t think we have one. I know I reported the clown who drove Bister away, as did others, after he went off on me a few times and ramped it up to harassment. It’s sad that our moderator let someone like that stay.

SMF

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I don’t think we have one. I know I reported the clown who drove Bister away, as did others, after he went off on me a few times and ramped it up to harassment. It’s sad that our moderator let someone like that stay.
The forum jerk -- we've all seen them before. When differences turn personal and go unchecked, however, it quickly becomes rat poison. If there is a responsible forum administrator, the silence has been deafening. Maybe they got laid off, or are over in India looking for filters. Normally, that person would make it clear that the type of behavior shown toward Bister and others will not be tolerated. While an "official" apology and invitation to return would be in order, that seems unlikely coming from a moderator in deep hibernation and one that no one knows for sure still exists. Then again, like many things Roxor, it will be revealed to us in due time.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Does anyone know how to contact him and ask him to reactive his account? Just an idea, personally I really like him and if he has visibility of this I think he would see that most of us want him back on here!

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Does anyone know how to contact him and ask him to reactive his account? Just an idea, personally I really like him and if he has visibility of this I think he would see that most of us want him back on here!
He is aware of this thread. I sent him a link on messenger. I do not think he wants to come back at this time. he did say that at this time he didn’t have much to add to the forums

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
It's hard to know how to feel about all this..... I agree Bister was a great contributor and offered useful technical advice. But unfortunately Bister was also bullying other members of the site.... myself included. He pushed around people who had recently sold there Roxor and said they should no longer be allowed to participate on the forum. Collin you yourself are guilty of this as well. I gave you both the pushback back that you had earned for that.

Its certainly ironic that it's Bister who would leave after trying to push others off the site. But hopefully he'll find peace wherever he goes.

I do NOT believe Buster was some kind of fragile person who would walk away from a confrontation, which is a theory being floated by many of you right now. Bister had grit and he was NOT a coward. Odds are more likely he had other reasons that he didnt feel the need to publically reveal.

In summary: Bister was NOT a perfect member here, and he was also NOT made out of glass like some of you are suggesting........

Last edited:

Paulson

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Yes I know the person. Degraded me when I did research for replacement parts. Battery troops u joints. Told us we are idiots for keeping our toys

Paulson

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
It's hard to know how to feel about all this..... I agree Bister was a great contributor and offered useful technical advice. But unfortunately Bister was also bullying other members of the site.... myself included. He pushed around people who had recently sold there Roxor and said they should no longer be allowed to participate on the forum. Collin you yourself are guilty of this as well. I gave you both the pushback back that you had earned for that.

Its certainly ironic that it's Bister who would leave after trying to push others off the site. But hopefully he'll find peace wherever he goes.

I do NOT believe Buster was some kind of fragile person who would walk away from a confrontation, which is a theory being floated by many of you right now. Bister had grit and he was NOT a coward. Odds are more likely he had other reasons that he didnt feel the need to publically reveal.

In summary: Bister was NOT a perfect member here, and he was also NOT made out of glass like some of you are suggesting........

Less. Wow bister was right. We all have to go back to that *hit show. And read it.