ooooooooooo

Stupid price of lift kits

928dennis

Just because the Roxor is new to the market we are paying a dear price for some parts. I understand the whole numbers thing, but lift kits at 2000.00 there is no reason for that. When you can buy lift kits for early Jeeps and Scouts for 500.00 and up with shocks we are paying to much. I will wait for the parts frenzy to slow down and prices to drop then I will buy.

Trailway88

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Just because the Roxor is new to the market we are paying a dear price for some parts. I understand the whole numbers thing, but lift kits at 2000.00 there is no reason for that. When you can buy lift kits for early Jeeps and Scouts for 500.00 and up with shocks we are paying to much. I will wait for the parts frenzy to slow down and prices to drop then I will buy.
The add a leaf kit from a Ford Explorer levels the front and it's only $30 on Amazon. I'm sure there's shackle lifts out there that also fit but I haven't heard of any that do. The roxor lift shackles are $300 for front and rear and lift 1.5". So for $330 you can have a level 1.5" lift. And the extra spring for bumpers and a winch couldn't hurt

Trailway88

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Thanks for the tip, how is the ride with the add a leaf? They tend to stiffen things up in my use if them.
I don't know, I don't have a roxor yet, hopefully getting it this week. I've just been doing constant crazy research since they announced they were coming to the market.

levisnyder47

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
There’s a spring shop in Mio Michigan selling 4in lift springs for them. He has a sale site on EBay. Around 800 for front and rear. Then I just bought some shocks from a local off road shop. And if you find a guy at a auto parts store that has a brain they can match up some adapters for the brake lines. Or call On The Rox Fabrication and they will sell just the extended brake lines for I think 120. Also a drop pitman arm for a Jeep xj fits if you use a die grinder and take out the 4 large alignment humps in it. Then I went disconnectable sway bar Links off a cj. I think I had 1200 all together into it. Prob this week I’m getting rid of tie rod ends and going hiem joints to handle the bigger tires better

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
There’s a spring shop in Mio Michigan selling 4in lift springs for them. He has a sale site on EBay. Around 800 for front and rear. Then I just bought some shocks from a local off road shop. And if you find a guy at a auto parts store that has a brain they can match up some adapters for the brake lines. Or call On The Rox Fabrication and they will sell just the extended brake lines for I think 120. Also a drop pitman arm for a Jeep xj fits if you use a die grinder and take out the 4 large alignment humps in it. Then I went disconnectable sway bar Links off a cj. I think I had 1200 all together into it. Prob this week I’m getting rid of tie rod ends and going hiem joints to handle the bigger tires better

Got a link?

Spanky

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Thanks for the tip, how is the ride with the add a leaf? They tend to stiffen things up in my use if them.
I installed the add a leaf for the ford explorer. Rides just a little stiffer, but not bad IMO by any means. My Roxor came with the Warn winch, so maybe that's why it isn't too stiff.

RCF

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Just installed rough country lift 299.00 looks and rides excellent
B3DFBD64-51B7-41F1-9881-BC2CEB16F805.jpeg
B3DFBD64-51B7-41F1-9881-BC2CEB16F805.jpeg
1D80F764-55B5-4A91-ABFB-431AC0952F4B.jpeg

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
The rough country kit relocates the shocks and has longer brake lines. It uses shackles in the front to lift it but also has a drop bracket that lowers the rear spring mounts. doing it this way retains the same caster and pinion angle as stock.

RCF

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Thank u it’s rained every day since I’ve installed them but but I’ll get more time on them this week end

Steve243

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I installed an add a leaf to the front and shackle lift to front and rear for around $120. 00. Didn’t have to change shocks or brake lines. This is the add a leaf and shackle kit. Installed shackle kit front/rear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
8cb42d97799ef30b406ce1461d09d603.png
966c1cd98647009c01c2948e9fd8828b.png
2b12ee0de686ecac20f21efc4535df9a.jpg

RCF

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Roxor looks good Steve I started with add a leaf and slight recurve but it still wasn’t level and ride was little firmer the little time i got to drive this the day of install it felt great but it’s rained four days in a row typical Florida tomorrow is supposed to be great so I’ll test it then what type of seat u running that will be my next upgrade would like some input

Steve243

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Roxor looks good Steve I started with add a leaf and slight recurve but it still wasn’t level and ride was little firmer the little time i got to drive this the day of install it felt great but it’s rained four days in a row typical Florida tomorrow is supposed to be great so I’ll test it then what type of seat u running that will be my next upgrade would like some input

Bestop CJ seats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk