ooooooooooo

Speedo Display Not Working

Compshooter

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Today when I started her up, the digital display did not light up. All of the indicator lamps lit up and the speedo indicated the correct speed. I just didn't have anything showing for the odometer or engine hours.

I took the speedo out and checked the cables, they were good. I left it running, went into the house for a few min. When I returned everything was displaying properly again. Shut it off and back on and everything was good again.

I'm not sure if it was due to the cold, but it was only about 26F out.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Sonnyd

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Today when I started her up, the digital display did not light up. All of the indicator lamps lit up and the speedo indicated the correct speed. I just didn't have anything showing for the odometer or engine hours.

I took the speedo out and checked the cables, they were good. I left it running, went into the house for a few min. When I returned everything was displaying properly again. Shut it off and back on and everything was good again.

I'm not sure if it was due to the cold, but it was only about 26F out.

Has this happened to anyone else?
Mine took a *hit as well, it's currently at the dealer getting replaced. I would get in touch with the dealer if I was you. Kyle makie will take excelent care of you and everything will be fixed in no time:)

Compshooter

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I didn't check fuses and the fact that it came back on tells me its not a fuse. So today we are back to no digital display. Keep in mind, all the lights on the speedo work as does the speedometer itself. It's just the fuel, odometer and hour meter that isn't displaying.

I think it's an internal issue. I'm going to check when it comes back on if it's still recording the miles and hours. I think it is.

As far as going back to the dealer goes. I bought it from a dealer an hour and 20 min away, not my local (45 min away) guy. Anyway, I would think they would want me to trailer it in for them to check it out. It's not worth it to me. It would be great if I could drop off the speedo or mail it in, but I doubt that's an option.

mopar93

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I had to have my speedometer unit replaced under warranty. The problem with mine was in the odometer display area. When it first powered up, where it begins by saying "MAHINDRA", when this disappeared and the odometer reading displayed, a portion of the "MAHINDRA" would remain displayed. It didn't do this on every start. My guess is that it is a timing issue in the programming of the unit, but it is also possible it was an issue with a chip on the board.

The odometer and hours are stored in the ECM, so this is not lost when the speedometer is replaced.

Compshooter

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I had to have my speedometer unit replaced under warranty. The problem with mine was in the odometer display area. When it first powered up, where it begins by saying "MAHINDRA", when this disappeared and the odometer reading displayed, a portion of the "MAHINDRA" would remain displayed. It didn't do this on every start. My guess is that it is a timing issue in the programming of the unit, but it is also possible it was an issue with a chip on the board.

The odometer and hours are stored in the ECM, so this is not lost when the speedometer is replaced.

This is exactly what is happening. And I did confirm there is no loss of hours or miles when it does decide to display correctly. It keeps counting correctly and doesn't lose the values because as you said it's stored in the ECM.

mopar93

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I suspect this might end up being an issue with many of the 2018 models. In the photo, notice how part of the "A" in MAHINDRA is still displayed. Sometimes, more of the name would remain such as "MAH". If it is a software issue like I suspect it is, the problem could be solved by the dealers if they had the ability to upgrade the firmware in the speedometer head. As it is, the dealer had to pull the speedometer and send it to Mahindra and Mahindra either sent a new unit back or the original updated one, I don't know which. In either case, Mahindra and the dealer were very quick about doing this. I dropped off the Roxor on Sunday and got it back the following Saturday. That included pulling the speedo and reinstalling as well as shipping in both directions.

roxorspeedo.jpg

Austin_Mott

Mine took a *hit as well, it's currently at the dealer getting replaced. I would get in touch with the dealer if I was you. Kyle makie will take excelent care of you and everything will be fixed in no time:)
Does anyone have the pinouts for the speedo I need positive, negative, Ign.

also what are the VMAC and ENAB on the board?

vx5490

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
where do you get this speedometer from? also can you take a picture of the back so I can see the wiring?
This speedometer is a factory installation in the 2022 models.......digital. It works and I'm not going to fiddle with it to get a pic from the back....sorry.

GnadenAce

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I understand it only comes on the enclosed cab models in 2022. Open models still come with the old style speedo.