ooooooooooo

Smittybilt SRC Classic Rear Bumper

Grump Fish

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I got my rear bumper installed over the weekend.
I trimmed off the stock bumper plate so that the new Smittybilt bumper would cover it. I also cut off the bottom tabs on the new bumper, ground them smooth, and touched it up with some primer and Rustoleum pebble finish paint; it actually blended very good.
If you look at the picture of the OEM bumper plate, I used the eight holes that you can see primer on (the primer in the center was just to cover where I used a scribe for marking center). The four outer holes are new ones I drilled. The four to the inside are stock holes that are reinforced on the back with the OEM gusset attaching the stock plate to the frame. I drilled those out to use 3/8" bolts. I drilled and tapped the bumper, which is 1/4" steel. I considered using 1/2" bolts but taping 1/4" steel for 1/2-13 bolts would not give me many threads and would possibly be weaker than the 3/8".
This seems like a fairly sturdy mounting solution since I will only be using it to pull a small utility trailer or my aluminum boat.

IMG_4967.jpg 61cERdoiytL._AC_SL1500_.jpg IMG_4969.jpg

Sgtatarms

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Good job, Mr. Fish! How about share the Smittybilt parts number for that bumper, please sir! You are the bumper man!

Grump Fish

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Looks great!!! do you by chance know if this will bolt right on the "On the Rox" CJ adapter>>>
DEKirk, I cant say for sure since Im not familiar with the adapter, but the Smittybilt bumper info shows it will fit for 1976-2006 so it should be good for CJ, YJ, and TJ.
I can say that I really like this bumper. The way I installed it has held up very well to pulling some large tree parts after the hurricanes last year.