ooooooooooo

RXR 2.5" straight pipe exhaust mounting issues

SweetChuck

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Can't seem to get the dang thing to line up correctly as its coming out of the back. The gas tank is a bit in the way, or one of the bolts on the leaf spring hanger is in the way. And the exhaust hanger that that I'm assuming goes at the middle shorter pipe section im guessing mounts parallel to the ground (that seems to prevent the tail pipe from also allowing the exhaust to get high enough)? Is that exhaust hanger gonna do anything? Its definitely longer than stock, so I believe this is also key to correct alignment?

Its been a PITA doing this. Any chance anyone has pictures of how they ran their 2.5" exhaust long ways, that also shows the hangers installed (including the one at the tail end)?

I've turned the tail section about every which way possible, and it ends up not being able to go high enough for me to retrofit the OEM tail hanger adapter thing for use with one of the larger factory u-bolts.

Any help is appreciated!

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
If nobody gets you pics I’ll get some later this afternoon. The hanger closest to the t case isn’t used. I had the same problem I think and ended up getting it right by putting more pipe inside the other pipe. Once it went in further it allowed me to rotate the rear pipe section to where it clears. Also had to reverse the shackle bolt. Rear hanger I used a take off u bolt clamp and a piece of scrap metal. Drilled a hole for it to mount in and used some rubber as an isolated between it and the frame crossmember. I may make a better setup for that later but for now it works for me.

SweetChuck

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Excellent feedback! I ended up making it work. Theres a little contact at the gas tank lip and the exhaust, but am gonna wedge some rubber between or something if it becomes an issue. The hanger that came with the exhaust was the biggest key to making it work at all. Sounds great, and the turbo chirp is cool.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Good deal. I completely forgot about the pics. got caught up putting out new feeders and filling protein and corn. Deer season is a few weeks away.

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Excellent feedback! I ended up making it work. Theres a little contact at the gas tank lip and the exhaust, but am gonna wedge some rubber between or something if it becomes an issue. The hanger that came with the exhaust was the biggest key to making it work at all. Sounds great, and the turbo chirp is cool.
Are you talking about turbo bark, or shuttering?

Cloud

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
So I pulled my muffler and tailpipe off to do some suspension work and I've been driving around with it straight piped, no cat.

Anything below 1k rpm has this thing rattling like crazy. Is that typical? Will it go away if I put the muffler back on? Can I make it go away without the muffler? This thing sounds way too cool with straight pipes. Only downside is everybody knows that's not how a Jeep is supposed to sound. Can't drive anywhere without everybody rubber necking

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
So I pulled my muffler and tailpipe off to do some suspension work and I've been driving around with it straight piped, no cat.

Anything below 1k rpm has this thing rattling like crazy. Is that typical? Will it go away if I put the muffler back on? Can I make it go away without the muffler? This thing sounds way too cool with straight pipes. Only downside is everybody knows that's not how a Jeep is supposed to sound. Can't drive anywhere without everybody rubber necking
I pulled the muffler off when I did some work underneath, and drove around for a day like that. I never had any rattle. The thing sounded cool AF, but annoying off road.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Theres no rattle straight pipe unless with your muffler and tail pipe removed it now has no support and is touching the t case crossmember. Was just thinking today how it sounds nice straight piped in the first 2 gears putting around but on the road the sound and drone along with a raspiness gets old after awhile. So I installed a louder radio by adding a resonator. Found one that’s a complete bolt in. Now I can hear a turbo whistle along with a little throaty sound but nothing like it was. Much happier now and I suspect I’ll be able to sneak up on wildlife once again.

Cloud

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I pulled the muffler off when I did some work underneath, and drove around for a day like that. I never had any rattle. The thing sounded cool AF, but annoying off road.
Theres no rattle straight pipe unless with your muffler and tail pipe removed it now has no support and is touching the t case crossmember. Was just thinking today how it sounds nice straight piped in the first 2 gears putting around but on the road the sound and drone along with a raspiness gets old after awhile. So I installed a louder radio by adding a resonator. Found one that’s a complete bolt in. Now I can hear a turbo whistle along with a little throaty sound but nothing like it was. Much happier now and I suspect I’ll be able to sneak up on wildlife once again.

We'll that's a little concerning. The whole roxor shakes like I have a busted motor mount or something.

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
We'll that's a little concerning. The whole roxor shakes like I have a busted motor mount or something.
Check the mounting flange and hanger. Hopefully you didn't hit the downpipe and bend the flange.

Cloud

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Check the mounting flange and hanger. Hopefully you didn't hit the downpipe and bend the flange.

The only possibility that makes any sense is that I pushed the exhaust pipe a little bit when raised the lift while finishing up the spring mounts. It doesn't sound like an exhaust leak, but I never was good at detecting gasoline engine exhaust leaks.

The waste gate is very loud without the muffler. I hope that's not a bad sign. Poop