ooooooooooo

Roxor jeep build

tcxtreme

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
So a customer has a cj3a but wants a diesel version that he can drive every day and go wheeling. So I picked up this base Roxor and ordered a brand new cj3a body. Original style wheels. Egr delete. New taller tires. ECU stage 1 tune with top speed delete. Full blinkers and it will be street legal. Cutting to begin soon.
20181201_120340.jpg

Last edited:

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Well I'm sure it'll be a great rig. I'm in the middle part of my life with a family at home and I don't have the hundreds of hours it would take to mount an entire body onto a roxor chassis and figure out all the electronics along the way. Personally I would rather just put a couple dozen hours by customizing my roxor body with jeep accessories and call it good.

The advatage to your approach is that you'll have an easier time getting doors and a cab over kit. Good luck.....

tcxtreme

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Well I'm sure it'll be a great rig. I'm in the middle part of my life with a family at home and I don't have the hundreds of hours it would take to mount an entire body onto a roxor chassis and figure out all the electronics along the way. Personally I would rather just put a couple dozen hours by customizing my roxor body with jeep accessories and call it good.

The advatage to your approach is that you'll have an easier time getting doors and a cab over kit. Good luck.....

BUT.... The customer wants a flat fender... I agree for 1500 or less I could have one of these tuned and titled as a CJ7 ready to drive.

toolsinaction

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
So a customer has a cj3a but wants a diesel version that he can drive every day and go wheeling. So I picked up this base Roxor and ordered a brand new cj3a body. Original style wheels. Egr delete. New taller tires. ECU stage 1 tune with top speed delete. Full blinkers and it will be street legal with a 3a title. Cutting to begin soon. View attachment 2028
sooooo EXCITED to see this!

Sonnyd

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
BUT.... The customer wants a flat fender... I agree for 1500 or less I could have one of these tuned and titled as a CJ7 ready to drive.
Just curious, how would you go about having it titled as a cj 7? If you can do that I might be I tetested IN being your next customer:)

tcxtreme

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Just curious, how would you go about having it titled as a cj 7? If you can do that I might be I tetested IN being your next customer:)
Cj7's are all over. Find a wrecked or rotted out $500 cj. Use the Vin plates and title. Swap the windshield if its good. Swap grills and any badging or stickers you want. I would get rid of the stupid looking roll cage and go to a more period correct style. Register and insurance as a CJ7

tcxtreme

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Cj7's are all over. Find a wrecked or rotted out $500 cj. Use the Vin plates and title. Swap the windshield if its good. Swap grills and any badging or stickers you want. I would get rid of the stupid looking roll cage and go to a more period correct style. Register and insurance as a CJ7
1543936737370.png

tuskermedic25

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
are you saying take the vin plate from the junker and mount it on the roxor? and have it assume the identity of the cj7 for registration purposes at the DMV. Or are you saying register the junker at the DMV but carry the documentation on the roxor and swap the VIN plate afterwards?.Cause that would solve all my South Dakota Motorcycle plate business here in Florida and it would also solve many issues for Texas, Virginia, Carolina Roxor Folks.

Last edited:

tcxtreme

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
are you saying take the vin plate from the junker and mount it on the roxor? and have it assume the identity of the cj7 for registration purposes at the DMV. Cause that would solve all my South Dakota Motorcycle plate business here in Florida and it would also solve many issues for Texas, Virginia, Carolina Roxor Folks.

Right. Obviously its not exactly legal. But at what point of swapping parts does the car become a different Vin. If I but a frame for wagoneer and put my willys body on it. Swap the engine to a V8 chevy. swap the axles.... on and on. A roxor with a cj7 windshield frame and grille and roll bar...no one would have a clue

tuskermedic25

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Right. Obviously its not exactly legal. But at what point of swapping parts does the car become a different Vin. If I but a frame for wagoneer and put my willys body on it. Swap the engine to a V8 chevy. swap the axles.... on and on. A roxor with a cj7 windshield frame and grille and roll bar...no one would have a clue
Noted on the advice. I like the Motorcycle plates due to the motorcycle insurance thru Progressive, which was about $800 for full coverage for the entire year. But if i get pulled over and documented, the officer might say if he wants to get smart where is your motorcycle license, why havent you gotten Florida plates versus South Dakota plate, or any other crap they want to pull. If i start getting hassled too much , I might go the vin swap route. Thanks.

XXX

I have wanted to do the exact same thing since I first saw the rumors of the Roxor! I am a jeep guy and I had been looking for an old willys to restore but when the Roxor was brought into the picture I stopped looking for a Willys and started thinking about how to get exactly what you are building, please keep us updated!!!!!!

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I can’t help but think the real issue here is “ intent “ when it comes to legal and law matters. Transformations like this have been done before , several times in recent automotive history.

tcxtreme

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I can’t help but think the real issue here is “ intent “ when it comes to legal and law matters. Transformations like this have been done before , several times in recent automotive history.

Well its about the cool factor more than anything, It will be in AZ half of the time and UTV's can be registered for the road there with no issues. This will be a trail rig.

toolsinaction

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I was gonna do the same in the beggining, then I found Dirt Legal. They can make it street legal with the government. I just feel a little safer that way rather than have swapped vin tags. Here in illinois that swapped vins be a nightmare, you get some inquisitive cop pull you over and this state will bury you for years in legal tape and fines. And chances are you will never see your ROXOR again.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The test comes calling for me, NOW. I dragged ( trailered) mine to SW Texas. So far it still sits on the trailer awaiting places to use it, which I am finding are few and far away. I am street Legal with Montana plates willing to brave some local rds on the way to the trails.........which do not exist for public use, not sure what I will do now for the winter !