ooooooooooo

Replacement speedo cluster

Tokarev

Taken from Facebook to show what OTR is working on.

18025721ad30f937604afebe096b1f60.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
@whiteroxorssr, or anyone else with a broken cluster, you can try this:
- get an OBD II adapter from Dirt Legal $20 ish
- and an OBD II scanner plug in $40 ish
- and a free app to install on you phone or tablet that displays any sensor the Roxor has available. (I dont think there is a way to read out the odometer's past mileage)
- and you will need a good mount for maybe $50.

You can bridge until new Roxor clusters become available with the release of new Roxors.

SMF

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I know little about automobile production. I know more about responsibility. Leaving customers in the lurch for an OEM component as important as a (defective) speedometer cluster "until the release of new Roxors" is disappointing. There are over 7,000 customers potentially hanging in the balance, hoping they don't turn the key and get the dreaded tilt light or blank screen, and then having to concoct some Rube Goldberg work around for their broken cluster -- until MANA decides it's time to come up with basic parts support. Auburn Hills again held hostage to Chinese chips? Meanwhile, there'd be few better ways to lay the marketing foundation for restart of Roxor production than by establishing a proven record of parts support for current owners. Until then, good thing we don't have to imagine Roxor without a forum to exchange creative, problem-solving ideas, or without access to fine aftermarket products from outfits like OTR and DF (among others).

Deuskid

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
On the rocks has been working on testing a replacement cluster for function. Not sure if they are done with the testing. But it’s pricey. I think it was in the 1200- 1500 range. Did everything the stock one does except fuel gauge I believe. I think they were trying to find a solution for that. And from their pic on Facebook it looks to take a new dash to fit the unit or lots of modifications to the existing dash.

Ouch. New dash, no fuel gauge.... just ouch.

hope Arizona Johnny has better news

@Arizona Johnny

I just bought a cluster for temp, oil and volts.

Last edited:

DesertRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I do like the simplicity of the intellitronix gauge, just need to add odometer and hours and I would be happy!

Deuskid

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Maybe with the 2022's coming there'll be a better oem replacement spedo?

Farmer78

I have an old garmin that I bought in the 2000's that I dug out of the closet. It has a suction cup mount and plugs into the cigar lighter plug for power. It still gives street numbers and miles per hour at the bottom. Works ok for me. Had to get up to 80 yesterday to get around a "drunk" driver that was all over the road. Usually cruse about 65 as it feels like the sweet spot for the Rox.

PineCreek

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
@whiteroxorssr, or anyone else with a broken cluster, you can try this:
- get an OBD II adapter from Dirt Legal $20 ish
- and an OBD II scanner plug in $40 ish
- and a free app to install on you phone or tablet that displays any sensor the Roxor has available. (I dont think there is a way to read out the odometer's past mileage)
- and you will need a good mount for maybe $50.

You can bridge until new Roxor clusters become available with the release of new Roxors.
I have a good app, but doesn’t read has gauge- so you have an app that reads the gas gauge?

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Let me look and see if my app can capture the signal of the tank sending unit to turn the app into a fuel gauge.

PineCreek

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Let me look and see if my app can capture the signal of the tank sending unit to turn the app into a fuel gauge.
That would be awesome! I’d gladly switch to any app that can read the fuel tank

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
The scanguage won’t read the fuel gauge but once you have it reading speedo accurately and entered the tank size it’ll tell you miles to empty. I don’t use that function on the Roxor but it’s there if you need it.

PineCreek

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
OK just to be clear what app are you using? Thank you so much!

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The app I am using does not have an option to display the fuel level (fuel gauge). It displays current and average fuel consumption (within about 5% of actual... per my calculations).

Pinecreek's scanner is then a better option for you.

As for the Roxor's fuel gauge, in my opinion it's a mere guess gauge.
When my Roxor shows one bar of fuel is left, I can fill 8 gallons (where I expect it should be maybe 11-12).

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Since the Roxor uses electronic fuel injection, it has very capable sensors to measure fuel pressure. The ECU is made by BOSCH in Germany.

If the scan gauge Txroadkill uses allows to set the fuel tank size and the ECU provides accurate readings on fuel consumption, this may be better than the Roxor's stock gauge.

PineCreek

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Since the Roxor uses electronic fuel injection, it has very capable sensors to measure fuel pressure. The ECU is made by BOSCH in Germany.

If the scan gauge Txroadkill uses allows to set the fuel tank size and the ECU provides accurate readings on fuel consumption, this may be better than the Roxor's stock gauge.
I love your assessment! I totally agree. Thank you so much for your help on this.