ooooooooooo

Removable hard doors compatible with soft stop

TacoJon

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Has anyone heard about some removable hard doors that would work with the OEM soft top? I have heard rumors they are in the works. Honestly, I think they are needed where I live in Wyoming. The wind is brutal and is going to destroy my OEM soft top doors.

Tokarev

I talked to the dealer in Sheridan yesterday about some Roxor stuff. The salesman mentioned he'd heard there were some hard doors in the works. He had no other info.

Tokarev

Nice hard doors would help mean something like this. Attached is a photo from Facebook from American Convoy Soft Tops.

We're probably still going to have to standardize on a windshield frame.

6214a8d73adc9afe8ec70d6e7864b006.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Ithe half doors from OTR are great. A Velcro panel with clear plex would fit well , especially with the OTR aluminum top.

TacoJon

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Ithe half doors from OTR are great. A Velcro panel with clear plex would fit well , especially with the OTR aluminum top.

I would need full doors here in Wyoming because of the cold. I occasionally also have to take my Roxor on the state highway, having a little more wind protection would be nice. I would be willing to pay a generous amount for some nice hard doors that were easily removable.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I would need full doors here in Wyoming because of the cold. I occasionally also have to take my Roxor on the state highway, having a little more wind protection would be nice. I would be willing to pay a generous amount for some nice hard doors that were easily removable.

Half doors are great , best way to go , regardless of climate. ( Unless you are building for arctic winter driving. ) I like soft sides for summer flex. Full doors are so restrictive, but then some think differently. Cars and trucks were first offered “ open” , then came convertibles , . I still stand by if you want a climate controlled, tight, all the glass for vision , then get a Gator. JD has perfected the best system over the years, but their use is directed to the work environment first. Eight hours in the cab can be a big deal, I know, been there.

BoxRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
So, I saw a guy... who had a Jeep with soft doors, but he pulled off the canvas on the bottom half, welded tabs on the wire frame and mounted aluminum skin. Very good looking.

Then I got to thinking. Why not take the same door and modify for the Roxor in the same fashion? The wire frame could be reworked to fit the Roxor and then add skin. The top section could be reworked in the same manner but you’d have to add height? Anyway, I think a CJ wire frame could have a lot of potential for an easy mod.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
My thoughts for upper door ( I already have OTR alum lower door ) would be to take a sheet of aluminum,lazer cut window opening ,2 pcs of Lucite,sliding , aluminum rods welded to upper ,that fit into holes in lower door . The problem I see is the weight on the lower assembly. Hinges would be best attached to roll cage.?