ooooooooooo

Rear Bumper flex

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I have the On the Rox bumper and they sell it as off-road use only. This evening I put my rack on it to go hunting. It was banging making racket so I moved it around to see how tight things were and noticed when I sat on it that the bumper flexes slightly. This has me worried about using it to pull a trailer doing chores around the house. I was wondering if others flex the same way, particularly the Roxor hitch. I believe the source is that weak factory crossmember. Has anyone had this problem and found a solution?

shawnr

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I made this bumper up thinking about selling a few of them im guessing shipping won’t be cheap tho

0FC0EDC8-0AC7-4D80-AD1A-71C3DBADD754.jpeg 9F190161-4A6C-4710-AE83-5A27273E80AF.jpeg D1FEA307-3860-4BAB-9C24-9222B163EC85.jpeg 001AEB2D-2D4C-4303-80CC-069F33ACA04C.jpeg

Woodsman74881

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Your bumper looks great! If I had not already invested into bumperettes and Mahindra, I would be all in!

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Wud be helpful if others hooked up a rack or trailer and push down on it and watch the bumper cross member area. This is where I see the flex. The bumper isn’t flexing but rather the mount. Thinking of trying to fab some sort of frame tie in mounts

B

Bister

I have the factory one and nothing moves. I wouldn't be scared to drag a tank with it.
I made this video when I put mine on just for information for others.

fPkMevR5Shqp965ifmGLeg.jpg
T+CV1ey1TO2rQlTDEpA+yA.jpg

g1+yYGH6Qja7b1uEko7X7w.jpg

Kberg

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
$250 for one without the lights and 300 also for bare metal take 20 bucks off. for One with lights the one that I have on mine now $275 local pickup or pay shipping im by kansascity mo
Thanks still deciding what kind of bumper I want I really want D rings

ShawnKurtz

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Have the same problem. We fabricated a hitch similar to the factory hitch. The problem with the factory bumper is that the metal is so thin that it is okay for PULLING but not okay for those of us that put the feeders and things in the receiver hitches. I have a 100# capacity All Season's feeder and it broke the metal in the bumper. So until I have time to fabricate a rear replacement bumper, I am having to use ratchet straps from the rollbar to the feeder to keep it from doing more damage.

7BhS+l2DSuGHENiRKzsiPw.jpg

shawnr

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
The problem everyone is having with the hitches is that they are only bolted to the center holes you need to to to the holes on the outside of the cab mounts there is struts that run at a 45 to the frame and are much thicker

Tinfoil Hat

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I think the difference here is that you didn't attach your hitch to a 3/8" plate like the one that comes with the factory setup. The factory plate is double the length and double the attachments. Your hitch + factory mounting plate = problem solved, right?