ooooooooooo

Rancho shocks

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Looking to replace pointless stock shocks for Rancho 5000 anyone have the actual part number. Ive seen them on Diesel freaks but they don't give the actual part number. I know I can get them cheaper. I know Bilstein are a perfered favorite.

Wazzu

Supporting Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
How would your rate the Rancho's? Did you have a stock Roxor or were there any suspension mods?

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
:-(
Looking to replace pointless stock shocks for Rancho 5000 anyone have the actual part number. Ive seen them on Diesel freaks but they don't give the actual part number. I know I can get them cheaper. I know Bilstein are a perfered favorite.
I had rancho shoks on a 1998 ford ranger xlt. It ruined the ride. Way to much resistance.

I dicked around and fitted some monroe gas matics on my roxor. The kbc shocks work well from what I read here.

BDRAG

DesertRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The Ranchos are a Yuge improvement over stock! The rears are oil and not gas which makes it float a bit over pavement. My roxor has the 2.5 lift springs upfront, 2 inch wheel spacers which do effect the ride. You can't go wrong with the Ranchos IMO.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I put the bilsteins on, they are great, but also pricey.

us17094

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Diesel Freaks doesn't seem to carry the Rancho shocks anymore. Does anyone know what part number I should look for on the Rancho site (or Jeep year and model that would be the Roxor analog). I have a stock height Roxor. Thanks!

us17094

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Called Diesel Freaks this morning. They can't source any Rancho shocks because of supply chain problems. They have been trying to identify some replacement but have not been able to yet. They gave me the Rancho part numbers but I had no luck finding any myself. I thought about the Bilstein shocks for a bit but when I was ready to pull the trigger on a set from Sherwood Tractor they were no longer in stock. Eventually I settled on a set of KYB shocks. I don't do any serious off-roading and board members reported substantial improvements with the KYBs over the stock red shocks.

us17094

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Excellent! Thanks CJ2Rox. It was hard to believe that paying 1/4 the price of the Bilstein shocks could still lead a major improvement, but that seemed to be the prevailing view of the board members. I look forward to a less bouncy ride!

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I could see paying that price for them bilsteins. Anything is better than the stock ones.