ooooooooooo

Radiator proatectiin

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Well, it was bound to happen. I just stuck a 3 inch tree branch through my radiator. Got me thinking about something better than the cosmetic plastic behind the grill sheet metal. I know I can buy a new grill with much better protection, but someone has to make a plate or something to go behind (or in fro t) of the sheet metal). Any thoughts

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I know a bunch of people have installed aftermarket grilles (Jeep/Willy's style)that are aluminium or metal. Any pictures of the damage?

meyerld

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I installed a strong metal grid behind the grill which not only protects the radiator but enhances the appearance. See pics. The first pic has the grid clamped in place before fastening it. Second pic shows it with the grill on over top of the mesh.

roxor grill 2.jpg roxor grill 1.jpg

DesertRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I installed a strong metal grid behind the grill which not only protects the radiator but enhances the appearance. See pics. The first pic has the grid clamped in place before fastening it. Second pic shows it with the grill on over top of the mesh.

View attachment 7847 View attachment 7848
How did you attach it to the back of the grill?

meyerld

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
How did you attach it to the back of the grill?
Just a few nuts and bolts on the two sides. Use bolts with flatter heads so they don"t contact the inside of the grill when it is attached. This is a very simple mod and it improves the appearance also. I use mine in the bush for work a lot and have had branches jam into the grill since installing this and the mesh is very strong - easily withstands the force. Also, the order from Amazon is enough to make several so worst case is just cut another if it gets damaged.

plumbstraight

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I ordered a screen to cover the grill. It was ordered as a cj grill cover but I turned it upsidedown and it looks ok.

Vinny

Supporting Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
:-(
Well, it was bound to happen. I just stuck a 3 inch tree branch through my radiator. Got me thinking about something better than the cosmetic plastic behind the grill sheet metal. I know I can buy a new grill with much better protection, but someone has to make a plate or something to go behind (or in fro t) of the sheet metal). Any thoughts

I did this. Ordered on line. Did a thread here someplace. I used the plastic hole plug things from the door hinge hole plugs to attach it.

BDRAG

IMG_20190921_101301.jpg IMG_20190921_102633.jpg

plumbstraight

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I picked a cj grill cover to hide the roxor grill. Keeps the brush out too.
20201028_142327.jpg

plumbstraight

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Here is the use of the cj rollbar. I took all the cage, windshield and roxor top off. Like this so much better.
20201028_142154.jpg