ooooooooooo

Popping in front end

Spanky

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Its been a while since I had access to my Roxor, Road Life. Anyways, the popping and loud noise really seemed to other me. Other than buying The Cure and adding, has anyone else had any luck killing all that noise?

Thanks in advance and keep the rubber down, unless your Max he seems to be able to pull that off pretty well!

20210728_162806.jpg

plumbstraight

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
check the u joints in your hubs. They will pop a bit when wore out.

Eyellgeteven

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Mine pops a lot, I couldn't figure it out for a long time...everything is tight under there, I couldn't see anything obvious that could make the noise,. I'd had my gf turn the wheel while I looked underneath, trying to see if anything was moving around, and couldn't see anything. A month or so ago, I had her do it again, and this time I spotted it...it's the rear spring eye on the front leaf spring on the front end. I haven't really investigated a way to get rid of the noise, but I am relieved it isn't something wrong with the front axle. I don't know if the rubber bushing is shot or what exactly, but that's what I suspect.

Spanky

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Mine pops a lot, I couldn't figure it out for a long time...everything is tight under there, I couldn't see anything obvious that could make the noise,. I'd had my gf turn the wheel while I looked underneath, trying to see if anything was moving around, and couldn't see anything. A month or so ago, I had her do it again, and this time I spotted it...it's the rear spring eye on the front leaf spring on the front end. I haven't really investigated a way to get rid of the noise, but I am relieved it isn't something wrong with the front axle. I don't know if the rubber bushing is shot or what exactly, but that's what I suspect.
Thanks, I'll look into that.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Grease it.

ocsteadyeddie

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hello, this was my post from July 9th:

Hello all, well I finally have an answer to the mechanical noise coming from the Roxor at low speeds especially while turning. It is the leaf springs binding and snapping back. I took my Roxor in this last time and finally met a fellow Roxor enthusiast, who also works at the Dealership!! Mahindra agreed to do all repairs under warranty, so its just a matter of getting parts now.... Not sure if anyone else may have had the same issues with the leaf springs and bushings being misaligned?

ocsteadyeddie

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hello, this was my post from July 9th:

Hello all, well I finally have an answer to the mechanical noise coming from the Roxor at low speeds especially while turning. It is the leaf springs binding and snapping back. I took my Roxor in this last time and finally met a fellow Roxor enthusiast, who also works at the Dealership!! Mahindra agreed to do all repairs under warranty, so its just a matter of getting parts now.... Not sure if anyone else may have had the same issues with the leaf springs and bushings being misaligned?
I just received a call from the dealership shop today.... all is good. no noise after replacement of leaf springs!! But, Roxor went from 862 RPM to 1500 RPM in idle... they are now ordering me an accelerator module ($31.00) part.

Buckpasser

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Same for me. It usually pops at a turning start. I’ve figured it was the suspension somehow and haven’t worried about it. Maybe I should?

Semperfi

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Popping for 8600 miles and the wheels haven't fallen off yet! ha ha. The issue is in the springs. Even after having it fixed it starts again, unfortunately. Show me any SXS that doesn't have a QUIRK. I have now come to the conclusion that if it doesn't POP and CRACK, then something must be wrong. Keep on a rollin and a clattering.

Woodsman74881

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
There is a part called “The Cure” online for $22. It is basically a rubber bushing that goes on the steering arm. It spaces it properly eliminating most pops.
The Cure! for Jeep (CJ, YJ, TJ & XJ)

Woodsman74881

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
There is a part called “The Cure” online for $22. It is basically a rubber bushing that goes on the steering arm. It spaces it properly eliminating most pops.
The Cure! for Jeep (CJ, YJ, TJ & XJ)

Semperfi

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
After 8600 miles of popping, well, I am used to it and I will spend my $22.00 on another tank of diesel. Keep on a rolling and a clattering.

Buckpasser

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I looked up the cure and then confirmed there is a lot of rolling play in the location “the cure” would go. That said, I feel like the noise I’m hearing is most likely in the springs. If I can find a driver to ease backwards while my hand is on it, I can find the exact cause and report it.

Semperfi

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I shot a full tube and a half of grease in all grease certs last night and the noise was quiet for about 15 miles and then the squeaks and noises came back. As for the popping in the front end------well I will just keep a rolling and a clattering.

MaXXis85

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
it is the front spring sliding on the bushing and then hitting the spring mount. Basically lateral movement.

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Anyone who installed The Cure, could you post a picture, please? I am trying ro confirm where the part goes.

Someone here said it goes on the steering arm. A video on the Ruff Stuff site shows it towards the passenger the tie rod end.

Appreciate the picture(s)

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Anyone who installed The Cure, could you post a picture, please? I am trying ro confirm where the part goes.

Someone here said it goes on the steering arm. A video on the Ruff Stuff site shows it towards the passenger the tie rod end.

Appreciate the picture(s)

I posted it in another thread. If you searched for “the cure” it would’ve popped up. anyways here it is. Drag bar twisting while turning. Normal? - Team ROXOR Forum - Unofficial Mahindra ROXOR Off-road Community!

it’s a close up pic but yes it’s on the passenger side. Goes between the tie rod and the drag link. Don’t forget to remove the factory grease boot when you add the cure. The cure will in essence become the new grease boot.