ooooooooooo

Polycarbonate Windshield

SODAKROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Does anyone have any experience with a polycarbonate windshield? I’m looking at the EMP one and it looks great, just wondering if anyone has any first hand experience with one.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I put dot glass in mine

Tinfoil Hat

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I've read that people have trouble with them flexing and wobbling at anything other than trail speeds. If it didn't come with the poly windshield, I think most people here would steer you towards DOT glass. Even if it takes longer to save up for, the benefits in the long run would far outweigh the savings, just my 2 cents.

bordercollie

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have too many limbs for glass and for that reason chose the hardened poly windshield. If I didn't live on and farm every day of life (practically) , my answer could be different.

bordercollie

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
If I was on the highway most of the time , I'd have a glass windshield with real wipers. But I live and work on a farm (cattle) and seldom go over 35 maybe 40 for a very short time as I go to the next pasture down the country blacktop. I have a little vibration occasionally which could be fixed with additional stick on sealant strips. ( the kind of dense foam that you pull the seal of of one side and attach) A small short piece comes with the windshield. There are several decent water shedding products made for plastic windshields such as Plexus . Also only wipe off the windshield after rinsing it and in straight motions never circular.

fourhounds

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
If I was on the highway most of the time , I'd have a glass windshield with real wipers. But I live and work on a farm (cattle) and seldom go over 35 maybe 40 for a very short time as I go to the next pasture down the country blacktop. I have a little vibration occasionally which could be fixed with additional stick on sealant strips. ( the kind of dense foam that you pull the seal of of one side and attach) A small short piece comes with the windshield. There are several decent water shedding products made for plastic windshields such as Plexus . Also only wipe off the windshield after rinsing it and in straight motions never circular.
Good Info Thanks!

BoxRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I use the OEM poly windshield and it was a vibrating mess at highway speeds. Did a remount:

- Ran 2 weatherstrip full width of cowl. Used marine grade rubber strip from Lowe’s.

- Used existing windshield wiper holes in cowl to add 2 additional bolts to windshield. Look at OTR instructions for ideas.

Have no more probs!! No vibration at speed

B

Bister

I have the OEM one. I drive a lot of gravel road to get to my shack. The Roxor is good at tossing rocks up and I hit my own windshield with them. My 4x4 truck is good at this to. If I had glass I'm sure it would be broken by now. I broke the glass one I made for my Rhino twice cause of the same issue, the one on it now has a stone chip, but since I got the Roxor I don't drive it anymore.

jalenweaver6

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Does anyone have any experience with a polycarbonate windshield? I’m looking at the EMP one and it looks great, just wondering if anyone has any first hand experience with one.

The Dirt Warrior Accessories Roxer windshield is glass and very durable.

Collin S.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have a folding poly and I’ll be replacing it soon. It flex’s so badly at anything over 25mph and it’s kinda terrifying sometimes. Also with polarized glasses it looks funky sometimes when the sun hits it right. It scratches so easy too. It’s well built and folds but I think it’s just too big an area for poly. I’d go glass but they’re just so darn expensive.

jalenweaver6

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I have a folding poly and I’ll be replacing it soon. It flex’s so badly at anything over 25mph and it’s kinda terrifying sometimes. Also with polarized glasses it looks funky sometimes when the sun hits it right. It scratches so easy too. It’s well built and folds but I think it’s just too big an area for poly. I’d go glass but they’re just so darn expensive.

Whats your price range if possibly getting a glass windshield?

B

Bister

I’d like to only pay $400 for a folding windshield but they all seem to be $600-$800. Then you have to install glass. It’s insanely expensive.
You won't get anything that is any good for that money. Good Luck.