ooooooooooo

Picking up my Roxor Today

Grump Fish

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
After 12 years, my Ranger XP has seen better days. Finally time to move up to a Roxor. I bought a 2019 Traffic Red base model yesterday and they are supposed to have it serviced and ready to pick up this afternoon. Looking forward to turning it into my own machine.

IMG_0009.jpg

TheFurnace

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
After 12 years, my Ranger XP has seen better days. Finally time to move up to a Roxor. I bought a 2019 Traffic Red base model yesterday and they are supposed to have it serviced and ready to pick up this afternoon. Looking forward to turning it into my own machine.

View attachment 5887
Awesome! Congrats!

B

Bister

Welcome to the "Quiet Club". lol

I replaced my 2007 Yamaha Rhino with 30,000 kilometres on it 17 months ago, best thing I did. I already have 9600 klms on the Roxor and plan on never buying another SxS. I don't mind putting a bit more into the right accessories knowing the unit isn't going to be worn out at 15-20,000 kilometres. My Rhino has more parts on it from China, via Amazon and Ebay, than Japan I think. Cheap online parts is the only way to afford to run one that long. I doubt if I'll have to do that with the Roxor after 15,000 kilometres like I did the Rhino.

oldgreybull

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Congratulations here too. You're going to really enjoy it - I'm having a blast!

Grump Fish

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Thanks guys! Got it home yesterday afternoon. I went ahead and bought the locking hubs and a set of side steps from the dealer since they gave me a good price on them.
I was supprised that they only gave me one ignition key but two for the storage boxes. Did others only get one ignition key or should there have been two?

BoxRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Look in your seat box. My manual and extra keys were in there. The sales guy had no idea where these items were :)

Grump Fish

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Wasn't in the seat box. I called the dealer today and they had it still hanging on their key board. The manual was wherever they keep them.

M151

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Welcome to the "Quiet Club". lol

I replaced my 2007 Yamaha Rhino with 30,000 kilometres on it 17 months ago, best thing I did. I already have 9600 klms on the Roxor and plan on never buying another SxS. I don't mind putting a bit more into the right accessories knowing the unit isn't going to be worn out at 15-20,000 kilometres. My Rhino has more parts on it from China, via Amazon and Ebay, than Japan I think. Cheap online parts is the only way to afford to run one that long. I doubt if I'll have to do that with the Roxor after 15,000 kilometres like I did the Rhino.

Did any of your atv/utv friends disown you after you gave up the Rhino?

I have a nephew that purchased a brand new Honda Pioneer the same time I picked up the Roxor. He was angered because it's referred to as a utv. He especialy saw red when I sent him a video of a Roxor dragging a Polaris Ranger down the street in a pull off. I let him know you can designate the damn thing anything you wish but for the money the Mahindra wins.

In my opinion any atv that needs a bigger engine than a 500 one should step up to a real power plant. In full disclosure I also have a 420 Rancher which I do like very much.

B

Bister

Did any of your atv/utv friends disown you after you gave up the Rhino?

I have a nephew that purchased a brand new Honda Pioneer the same time I picked up the Roxor. He was angered because it's referred to as a utv. He especialy saw red when I sent him a video of a Roxor dragging a Polaris Ranger down the street in a pull off. I let him know you can designate the damn thing anything you wish but for the money the Mahindra wins.

In my opinion any atv that needs a bigger engine than a 500 one should step up to a real power plant. In full disclosure I also have a 420 Rancher which I do like very much.
No. Some said it's not a SxS or a UTV, I tell them it's based on the 'original SxS Utility vehicle'. I got the "it's a China knock off" and some stuff like that, but they don't have a clue who Mahindra is etc. I don't spend too much time on that with them. I just usually end it with 'they all have there place and I'll still be using mine after 10,000 miles, it'll just be broken in, not broken". lol. Anyone that had a traditional one and tried to get rid of it with high miles knows no one wants them, and high miles can be anything over 3-4000 for some folks. I kept my Rhino. I still use it if needed or in muddy weather just cause I hardly never wash it.

tecknomage

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
you will LOVE that diesel purr. esp when you don't have to refuel every other hour.. Gonna order an oil filter, go to the shop & make an adaptor to add a bigger oil cooler..... to go along with the M151 grill, & prob the electric fan & radiator from whats their name...If'n the GOOD LORD so wills i get a roxor Im gonna do my best to make her a million mile vehicle. If not, I'll have a bunch of "interesting" parts to give away. wait... ive got some heater cores let over from the M274 oil cooler project.... now to make a cooler for the power steering....

tecknomage

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
HVAC class got me started on a LOT of plumbing & brazing. so have the benders, skills... so why not make oil coolers for EVERYTHING... lol If i remember right, dino oil.. every 10 degrees drop from max operating temp... efficiently doubles the oil life.. change it regularly anyway, but that little extra safety.. My MULE has one & I get ridiculed as its "not original" .... but the engine will easily out last me & be better maintained..