ooooooooooo

Painting My Rox - OD Green or Sand

i303

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I got a Classic 2 in August. I had a choice between red, white, or blue. I picked white.

Being a vet, I prefer my army colors in my vehicles and always come up short. I would love that OD greed or sand color. Anyway to find out what color code because I do plan on a complete tub off frame repaint in either color.

Shortbus

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Please post pictures when done as this is what I am going to do as far as color but with rhino lining on the whole body.

Doshounds

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I saw one that was wrapped in OD Green. It looked awesome and cost was quoted at @ $800. Then if you want to change it later it won’t kill you on cost. Just a thought

i303

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I saw one that was wrapped in OD Green. It looked awesome and cost was quoted at @ $800. Then if you want to change it later it won’t kill you on cost. Just a thought

I saw that too. And for $800! ? I thought about it and I'm leaning on painting it myself. Looking at my Rox, taking whatever is mounted, taking the tub off, sand and paint isn't really out of my capabilities. And paint wouldn't be more than $200. It'll eat up a weekend. I don't like seeing paint job which the engine compartment or underneath didn't match up. I like a clean job on the project and I've painted Jeeps as well as military vehicles. Lucky for me a flat military color doesn't require a paint booth.

Doshounds

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I saw that too. And for $800! ? I thought about it and I'm leaning on painting it myself. Looking at my Rox, taking whatever is mounted, taking the tub off, sand and paint isn't really out of my capabilities. And paint wouldn't be more than $200. It'll eat up a weekend. I don't like seeing paint job which the engine compartment or underneath didn't match up. I like a clean job on the project and I've painted Jeeps as well as military vehicles. Lucky for me a flat military color doesn't require a paint booth.

Awesome. Make sure you post pics. Looking forward to seeing the end result.

Birddog1148

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Saw this in michigan Monday

KIMG1174.JPG

musclecar mike

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Do not own
my concern is the paint itself. what kind of bare metal coating is used? I would hope that it's an EDP coating like on new gm parts? I know these vehicles have not been out very long but I can't help but wonder has anyone had any flaking issues. when I went to the dealer to look at one, the thought of how the paint flaked off my nephews radio flyer in about a year of use and outside storage came to mind. anyone spotting any rust starting, around the body seams or places where it got scratched or chipped? there seems to be rust issues with a lot of foreign steel. for example these foreign 55 gallon drums that we burn trash in, you can watch them rust away. heck I need a new one now. I also bought a water pump for a 454 from napa a few years ago and I don't care what you did to that pump the paint fell off. [overseas cast iron] I can't help but be a cynic about the quality of the metal and the painting process. my 2001 kubota tractor paint looks thin and primer less, it stays in the barn........mike out

I got a Classic 2 in August. I had a choice between red, white, or blue. I picked white.

Being a vet, I prefer my army colors in my vehicles and always come up short. I would love that OD greed or sand color. Anyway to find out what color code because I do plan on a complete tub off frame repaint in either color.

Sorry if I misunderstood something, but don't they offer stock Roxors in OD or Sand?

i303

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Sorry if I misunderstood something, but don't they offer stock Roxors in OD or Sand?
When I got mine those colors weren’t available. Only white, red (orange), blue, black and a few grey.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
You are correct Ol'schooljeeper they do offer them in OD and sand. I painted mine myself with Willy's OD green paint (it is a one stage lusterless paint) all I did was scuff the paint with a little scotchbrite type sponge or 320+ sand paper will work. I did mine in the USMC style, I am very please with how it turned out. Hope this helps.

..........I painted mine myself with Willy's OD green paint (it is a one stage lusterless paint) all I did was scuff the paint with a little scotchbrite type sponge or 320+ sand paper will work. I did mine in the USMC style, I am very please with how it turned out. Hope this helps.
That's the why it looks so gorgeous and original! Congrats!
Honestly speaking, your pics belong to my favourite!...

Joe1877

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
i303 I have an OD green roxor is there a paint code on the vehicle somewhere that I can assist with? Roxasurus I have to agree with ol'schooljeeper on your pictures. I think so far those are my favorite also.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
i303 I have an OD green roxor is there a paint code on the vehicle somewhere that I can assist with? Roxasurus I have to agree with ol'schooljeeper on your pictures. I think so far those are my favorite also.
Thank you