ooooooooooo

Oil pressure

Shortbus

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Does anybody know where to mount and oil pressure sending unit for a electronic gauge?

BB6AFD17-E34D-40E4-ADA8-8E0FE65D6A72.jpeg

mopar93

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
If you look at this image, you'll see where the stock oil pressure switch for the oil light is located. Just remove this switch and install a T-fitting that allows you to install the stock switch and sending unit for your gauge.
roxoroilpress.jpg

Reactions: Tim

BradsRoxor

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I bought a glowshift oil filter sandwich adaptor. Glowshift AF-1 is the part number. You will have 4 ports to use. One for your oil pressure sending unit, and another one for oil temp probe, etc. etc. You leave the factory sender alone this way.

Shortbus

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Never heard of a sandwich adapter Untill today, have one on the way so I will let you all know how it works out to hook up my gauges.

Woodsman74881

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
This thread is a little older but I am to the point to mount the sandwich adapter. One question. Did the sender clear the engine block ok? Haven’t done it yet but wanted to know before I was all in.

Togo

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I bought a glowshift oil filter sandwich adaptor. Glowshift AF-1 is the part number. You will have 4 ports to use. One for your oil pressure sending unit, and another one for oil temp probe, etc. etc. You leave the factory sender alone this way.
Did you have to remove the oil filter shield to install the sandwich adapter?

Woodsman74881

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
No. It’s easy. Diesel freaks has an adapter for a port in the block that is better. I have the same adapter. It comes loose when changing oil filter. It is a pain. Going the diesel freak route next time I change oil.

Togo

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
No. It’s easy. Diesel freaks has an adapter for a port in the block that is better. I have the same adapter. It comes loose when changing oil filter. It is a pain. Going the diesel freak route next time I change oil.
Thanks. I have the adapter. I had to drop the whole exhaust system after the spark arrester to get the spark arrester out. This gave me better access to the oil port next to the dip stick entry into the block. This port is very close, about 3/8 of an inch, to the bell housing. I sorta doubt there is enough room for a sending unit directly on the block. You might be able to put in a short riser to get above the bell housing and put a sender on top of that.
I plumbed a hose to my oil gauge.

15D2C60E-DEFA-4B68-8306-5B7A84890A1B.jpeg 59D06BFF-B00B-4CE1-82EA-959E5D3D2C4A.jpeg

Last edited: