ooooooooooo

Oil level....

10Shooter31

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I recently did the first oil change on my 18 Roxor.two questions: 1) if new level is just an 8th inch over the full mark on the stick, should I drain a small amount or is it ok to leave alone? 2). Since I didn't get the 1st oil change done at 300 miles (more like 1200), should I do the 2nd oil change earlier?

Semperfi

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I agree 100% with Bister. I just hope your oil cap came off easier the mine. I think Mahindra super glued mine. Keep on a rollin and a clattering.

B

Bister

I agree 100% with Bister. I just hope your oil cap came off easier the mine. I think Mahindra super glued mine. Keep on a rollin and a clattering.
They take a bit to get out the first time. Put a bit of oil on the o-ring when you have it out, it helps lots. It's kind of like the transfer case, gets better with use. And remove the dipstick when you go to fill it back up to let the air out, or it will take forever.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Definitely agree with Bister. As for the oil changes, I check to see how the color looks not mileage ( everyone has their preferences, I like amsoil, so I don't go by mileage). The cap is definitely a pain in the ass to get off the first time, but it does get easier.

Ragnar RoxHard

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #

If I ever meet the engineer behind the Oil filler cap and that damn baffle I will kick him/her square in the balls.....

Paulson

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
besides the caps. turbo diesel. run for five minits then shut down. check the oil. standerd with my 7 cummings and other turbo diesels. should be some where in the service manual. ts a check before the turbo drains to the oil pan. otherwise it will read high.

Last edited:
B

Bister

If I ever meet the engineer behind the Oil filler cap and that damn baffle I will kick him/her square in the balls.....
I thought the same thing, just remember to pull the stick before you try to pour oil in. My filler comes off easy now with a bit of oil n the o-ring.

Ragnar RoxHard

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I thought the same thing, just remember to pull the stick before you try to pour oil in. My filler comes off easy now with a bit of oil n the o-ring.
just remember to hold the phone horizontally when filming it, right Les?
I did put oil on it and it came out easy, 7.4 quarts is a long pour regardless of the dip stick though.