ooooooooooo

Off road diesel?

Norseman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
LE#62
Any worries with running off road diesel in this engine? I know modern pickup engines dont like high sulfur off road diesel. Just wanna know if I can fill from the Kubota tractor tank or not.... thanks!

jerry c

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Don't know I use road fuel in my Kubota too. Not much difference in price when you only use 20 gal a month

Norseman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
LE#62
In Washington its like 80 cents per gallon different. Not going to pay the fuel tax for a off road vehicle if I dont have to.

B

Bister

This is from the owner manual, but I wonder if that is just to meet EPA emissions and that to the engine it might not make any difference....?
14.1 Fuel Requirements
The EPA has adopted multiple tiers of emission standards to reduce emissions from non-road diesel engines. From 2007 to 2014, Low Sulfur Diesel (LSD) fuel and Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel (ULSD) fuel was phased in for non-road, locomotive, and marine (NRLM) diesel fuel. This off-road diesel requires ULSD rated fuel that meets the EPA Non-road Diesel Fuel Standards (https://www.epa.gov/diesel-fuel- standards).

Norseman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
LE#62
Im reading from that, that the off road diesel currently being sold is now ULSD... and the roxor can burn “non road diesel fuel”.

Thanks!

B

Bister

Im reading from that, that the off road diesel currently being sold is now ULSD... and the roxor can burn “non road diesel fuel”.

Thanks!
I don’t know much about this but did a little googling and anything I found usually referred to the high sulphur diesel screwing up the emission stuff on low sulphur diesels, so if the ROXOR doesn’t have all that, that would be a bonus. That is if the diesel is still high sulphur content.

Edit: your supplier should be able to confirm the sulphur content.

Norseman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
LE#62
I can confirm it takes no DEF. I bet this little Mahindra being utilized all over the world can probably burn motor oil and fry lard and do great.....

B

Bister

I can confirm it takes no DEF. I bet this little Mahindra being utilized all over the world can probably burn motor oil and fry lard and do great.....
I have a friend here that collects used deep fry oil and does what ever is necessary to ‘clean/process’ it and he burns it in his vehicles, smells like your following a deep fryer. Lol

From a bit more Googling, think all fuel is now ULSD as you mentioned, but not sure.

Norseman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
LE#62
Thx!

Oh! Ive smelled guys running it, smells like french fries! Lol!

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
:-(
YEP! Guy down the street recycled fry vat oils he got from a local Sonic Drive In. EVERY damn time he went up the alley I had to run over to the McDonalds across the field and buy a large fry and Ice Tea. HAhaaaaaa.

B

Bister

YEP! Guy down the street recycled fry vat oils he got from a local Sonic Drive In. EVERY damn time he went up the alley I had to run over to the McDonalds across the field and buy a large fry and Ice Tea. HAhaaaaaa.

I guess it a good thing this guy didn’t go down your street, you would have bought the store. Lol

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
:-(
Well I would damn sure have a bad case of the burn out on fried food after a 1/4 or 1/8 mile run smellin THAT! HAhaaaaa.

BDRAG

B

Bister

I can’t find the video, I think it was removed, but they got permission to fire that thing up downtown Winnipeg at some street thing or something. Not race it, just start it up. I don’t think the people that gave them permission knew what it was. It smoked up the whole area and when it ignited, I guess it set off a bunch of building alarms and stuff. Lol. I heard a few people got their fingers slapped.

This is similar, but the other one was downtown between high rise office buildings at night. It was funny. You can just image the alarms going off. Lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I can’t find the video, I think it was removed, but they got permission to fire that thing up downtown Winnipeg at some street thing or something. Not race it, just start it up. I don’t think the people that gave them permission knew what it was. It smoked up the whole area and when it ignited, I guess it set off a bunch of building alarms and stuff. Lol. I heard a few people got their fingers slapped.

This is similar, but the other one was downtown between high rise office buildings at night. It was funny. You can just image the alarms going off. Lol.

Never used biodiesel . Willy Nelson had his own pumps at the truck stop but the price per gal was higher than regular number 2 diesel.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I'm running off road diesel right now.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Never used biodiesel . Willy Nelson had his own pumps at the truck stop but the price per gal was higher than regular number 2 diesel.
I’ve bought some of that before. It was great at cleaning out your fuel system as the bio diesel would clean out all the gunk on your tank and lines. Had to change filters very soon after first running it. After a few tanks it was alright. Good ole Carl’s Corner then he won it in a poker game and it became Willie’s Place, Its now a Petro. The old blending tanks are still in the back but not sure if they are still in use.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I’ve bought some of that before. It was great at cleaning out your fuel system as the bio diesel would clean out all the gunk on your tank and lines. Had to change filters very soon after first running it. After a few tanks it was alright. Good ole Carl’s Corner then he won it in a poker game and it became Willie’s Place, Its now a Petro.

I assume the old blending tanks are at a Petro in Texas ? Or was the product blended all around the country at fuel Distribution points ?

Skymarc

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Here in Ontario the off road or road diesel is the same fuel, just dyed added. Its added in the bulk fuel truck at the fuel depot.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
They were in the back at Willie’s Place when Willy Nelson owned it and Willy’s biofuel. Don’t know if he sold his biofuel anywhere else or not. I think the tanks are still there but not sure if it’s still in operation. Don’t think the Petro ever sold it.