ooooooooooo

ODOMETER AND FLAT TOWING....

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
:-(
So after flat towing the Roxor I have noticed that the odometer DOES NOT register mileage while being towed. So I may start a Tow Log in a small binder just to record the mileage.

BDRAG

B

Bister

With the transmission in first gear and not turning, it won't since the speedometer sensor would not be registering anything. You need one of those hub odometers like semis trailers have. lol

They make them for smaller wheels.

The Hub-o-meter - RV SOLUTIONS

Last edited by a moderator:

Estes1911

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Thanks for the info BDRAG! Curious, what is your tow vehicle? How far did you tow it?

I’m considering towing a Roxor behind my 2012 F-150 about 300 miles away. I’ve never flat towed before. I know I have a bit to learn before I make my first trip.

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
2017 f150 5.0 4x4. Used the harbor freight tow bar, pick up 4 existing bolts on front wench bumper, had to slot tow bar bumper bracket holes maybe 1/8 per bracket. Use a standard 2" ball 2" drop hitch. Buy the $20 tow lights with magnetic base. Work great.

Pulls fine at 50-60 mph. Don't try backing up, may try and bind up. Get warn hubs, nutral transfer case, 1 st gear per Mahindra flat tow service bulletin.

BDRAG

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
Does your rear axle get hot with flat tow? Also, do you recommend warn hubs on just the front or rear as-well?

Yes the rear get warm just as if you were driving it. So does the front. Even with luck outs. As far as locking rear hubs, I would love some if somebody can figure out who and how much.

BDRAG

adam8504

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
BDRAG did you disconnect the rear driveshaft or would it be ok to leave it in for a 400 mile trip flat tow?

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
BDRAG did you disconnect the rear driveshaft or would it be ok to leave it in for a 400 mile trip flat tow?
I have dragged mine over 300 miles in a day.

My pick up was totaled a month back. No replacement player yet. Had to make a trip to the land to for maintenance. So my buddy said he would drive us down. Just last Saturday I drove the 15 miles to my buddies place, he didn't know he was towing my roxor down as well. Lol. We hook up, did the 160 miles down. Drove around doing road maintenance, trimming trees and cutting downed trees out of the road while he mowed with my 56 Ford tractor.

We got done and towed back the same day.

I leave the drive shaft in. We drive 65 mph max. Once back I jumped in, drop the transfer case into 2 high and drove home no issues.

BDRAG

adam8504

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have dragged mine over 300 miles in a day.

My pick up was totaled a month back. No replacement player yet. Had to make a trip to the land to for maintenance. So my buddy said he would drive us down. Just last Saturday I drove the 15 miles to my buddies place, he didn't know he was towing my roxor down as well. Lol. We hook up, did the 160 miles down. Drove around doing road maintenance, trimming trees and cutting downed trees out of the road while he mowed with my 56 Ford tractor.

We got done and towed back the same day.

I leave the drive shaft in. We drive 65 mph max. Once back I jumped in, drop the transfer case into 2 high and drove home no issues.

BDRAG
ok thanks for the input

Erdinger

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
example of flat towing with transfer case in 4-stupid

RV Driver Annihilates Their New Jeep Wrangler by Flat-Towing It in 4-Low

1616291551971.png

1616291325167.png 1616291551971.png