ooooooooooo

New Roxor owner

Tonopah

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I took delivery of a very slightly used (400 miles) roxor from another member of this forum today. Very clean vehicle with CJ 7 windshield frame very well attached but no glass in the frame yet. Drove it over to Vivid Racing. Vivid flashed the ECU and provided a turbo boost valve. Trailered the roxor over to my son-in-laws shop (AZ Master Mechanics in Phoenix, on Cave Creek near Bell). He installed the windshield glass, no problem. Installed the booster valve. Changed the oil and set tire pressure to 32 psi (33 inch KM-3's).

Trailered the roxor out to our ranch property outside of Kirkland, AZ and started to drive it around on dirt roads. What a blast! 5 speed manual transmission is reasonably smooth and getting it in and out of 4 wheel high and low was not too tricky. The torque is amazing. The OEM hp was supposed to be about 64 and with the stage 2 tune it is now supposed to be about 105. The OEM torque was supposed to be about 144 and the tuned torque is supposed to be about 225. I don't know if those figures are real but dang, this roxor is a lot of fun to drive and absolutely does not lack for power.

Thank you AZROX for the clean roxor for a fair price.

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
:-(
Cool! Enjoy. I have the vivid stage 1 tune. Perfect for me. Some say that if you push over the 200 ft torque number that the weak OEM clutch will start to rare its head. So keep that in mind. Sounds like if you do a clutch upgrade that you have all the people around you to do the work. Keep up the posts.

BDRAG

Bob R

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Sounds like you got a good one. You are off to a good start with a Glass Windshield and the Tune.
Where I live a Locker or two would be on my short list, along with Wipers for that glass windshield.

Bob R

Tonopah

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The OEM clutch is no gem -- very mushy with no clear engagement point -- but it works just fine and is easy to get used to. I'll stick with the OEM clutch for the time being but an upgrade is probably in this roxor's future. What really impresses me with this roxor is the torque. Much more important on ranch roads than horsepower. Today I will run the roxor into town so it will see maybe 10 miles of paved highway. Might even get into 5th gear -- we'll see. Having a lot of fun with this vehicle!

Tonopah

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Lockers are definitely in this roxor's future. I'm liking it so much that I might do selectable lockers both front and rear. Not yet though. My daily driver is a JT Rubicon and I have used those lockers from time to time and am glad to have them.

Tonopah

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I'll post better pictures later

Windshield.jpeg

Windshield.jpeg

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
That's the color I want!

(y)Be sure to change your Roxor Ownership from "Looking to buy" to whatever your number is.

Also, did you say you're out in Walnut? Or are you in Peeples Valley?

Tonopah

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
My place is off Hwy 89A and Ruger Ranch Road, about 10 miles off Hwy 89A. Closest is Peeples Valley but Kirkland is on the address. Updated to "owner" but will have to look at the title to get the numbers.

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Keep us in the loop on what the underwriters say. Most people I speak to have never heard of the Roxor.

Tonopah

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
By the way, the windshield frame (CJ-7) was installed by the prior owner (AZROX), not me. It is solid as a rock. I like the open space below it too.

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
That's right. I'm a little further north of Gunsite. Right up against the Prescott National Forest boundary