ooooooooooo

New owner needs some imput *update*

Chillynugs

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Hello all, my Roxor arrived last night and was very impressed with it, running great, nice ride, plenty of power, smooth shifting with the 5 speed manual, but after putting on 50 miles today, the machine began having trouble going up grade. Rpm's were up but power wasn't going to the wheels. Then shortly after it wouldn't move from a stop. Revving but no power to the wheels. Got it home and dealer was supportive on the phone and will pick it up in the morning, but I'm very concerned. Any input would be helpful. Also after it sat for awhile it ran ok. So I'm also concered I'll be told I'm crazy.
I really want to like this machine.

Paulson

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
any funny smells. my guess is the clutch was installed backwards.

B

Bister

Roxor will make it right and it sounds like you have a dealer that is also right there to take care of you. Definitely sounds clutch related and if it is the clutch, it only hurts the clutch, nothing else. Not an end of the world issue, more of a PIA for a new unit and it sucks, but replace and adjust the clutch and you are good to go. Doing a video of the issue is never a bad thing, so they don't tell you you're crazy.

Chillynugs

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
any funny smells. my guess is the clutch was installed backwards.
Yes it smelled more than what I would think it would from just burning off. Dealer just picked it up and of course it drove and shifted perfectly, but it was cold. The issue didn't start until I hit about 40 miles of consistent driving. He seems like a really good guy loaded it up and said they'll put some miles on it and try to make it happen again.

Chillynugs

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
And there was alot of heat and some smoke coming from the bell housing. Idk, and can't understand why it operates fine after when cool.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Make sure fluid levels are good, a couple of guys had issues with low fluid levels from dealer, luckily I didn't have any issues

Chillynugs

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
It's a bad clutch. Dealer checked it over all fluids were good and running fine until it really warmed up, then the clutch began slipping again for him. Was told he'd/Roxor take care of it, even though it's a serviceable part. The warranty will cover it, because I owned it less than 24 hours and the machine only has 50 miles on it, but I'll be without it for probably at least a week because they won't get it apart till Tuesday and have to order and get in parts. This shouldn't be, after just buying a new machine on Thursday night.
It would be nice if Roxor throws in some add ons for the hassle, when they ship the new clutch. That would ease the pain a bit. Hope I didn't just buy a lemon. I really like these things and did my research and test drove every SxS out there prior to purchasing. I've been off roading, dirt bikes, trucks, atvs for the past 30 years. This is a first.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Glad, you got it figured out. Probably, just a fluke. I have had mine since Dec '18 and I love it. Hope it works out for you.

Chillynugs

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Glad, you got it figured out. Probably, just a fluke. I have had mine since Dec '18 and I love it. Hope it works out for you.
Thanks, I hope so. I'd much rather be out using it now, but hopefully they make it right and do something for the headache.

Vinny

Supporting Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
You just hate it and it makes you shake your head. These things are so simple and have been around forever. You'd think by now they would be bullet proof. They're not manufacturing them in Michigan, theyre just screwing them together. Maybe they need more robots.?

Cshama

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
You need to have the clutch master slave replaced. Just replacing the clutch probably won't be enough

Chillynugs

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
So I still haven't got my Roxor back yet. Spoke with Mahindra and they assured me I would be happy when I got it back. They extended the warranty for an additional year and said they'd mail me some rearview and sideview mirrors, which is awesome, but since I only had it in my possession for around 24 hours and Friday will be 2 weeks in the shop, I'm less than pleased.
I see alot of happy owners, and really pray this is just a freak occurrence and it will run great when i get it back. Really hard to swallow when buying a brand new machine.

Chris Beyer

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
So I still haven't got my Roxor back yet. Spoke with Mahindra and they assured me I would be happy when I got it back. They extended the warranty for an additional year and said they'd mail me some rearview and sideview mirrors, which is awesome, but since I only had it in my possession for around 24 hours and Friday will be 2 weeks in the shop, I'm less than pleased.
I see alot of happy owners, and really pray this is just a freak occurrence and it will run great when i get it back. Really hard to swallow when buying a brand new machine.
I think that Covid 19 has them pretty backed up. It does seem like they want to make things right. It sure is frustrating having to wait to play with a brand new toy.

Chillynugs

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I agree, it does seem like Kyle, the north American service manager, is who I spoke with, did the right thing offering an additional year of warranty. I hope I never need to use it. The frustration comes with buying a new machine that arrived broken.
I really hope I can put this behind me and get past this lousy start.

Cshama

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Kyle is a good guy. He helped me repeatedly when my clutch went out. My feeling is that for some reason the clutch is binding. Just a guess but I think it might be because my roxor was sitting outside for a year or two without being driven at all. I think something rusted up and caused instant clutch failure.

To me the important thing is Mahindra stood behind their product. But yes it's a drag.

Chillynugs

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
My Roxor was finally returned back home last night. I was only able to take it for a short test drive, as it was pouring rain, but am relieved to say its running well and seemed to be shifting properly. I really hope this was an isolated issue.
I cant wait to get some mud and miles on these tires.

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
:-(
My Roxor was finally returned back home last night. I was only able to take it for a short test drive, as it was pouring rain, but am relieved to say its running well and seemed to be shifting properly. I really hope this was an isolated issue.
I cant wait to get some mud and miles on these tires.

Well give us another up date.

BDRAG

Woodsman74881

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Great machine. I’ve had mine since sep 2018. Been all over the farm daily. Been to Wyoming, Utah, Colorado as well. 1800 miles. Only squeaks and raddlesthat are easy to fix. Good luck and happy driving b