ooooooooooo

New Hampshire

MaineRox

A glimmer of hope in New Hampshire. A dealer told me that they have registered and titled (they did all the paper work) a Limited with the Street Legal package. No inspection yet. I'm going to test drive it this week. Maybe I should try to drive it by some officers and see how they react. :)

Tinfoil Hat

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Good luck! I would hate to get into a full on accident in mine, but at the same time, I feel like we should be legal to go gas it up, or take a road to the trails! If an old CJ or Willy's can go get gas, we should be able to do it as well. I wouldn't wanna get in an accident in one of those either.. But I guess that's why they're called "accidents" not on purposes lol...

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I’d think most non-traditional titling processes would involve the fuzz. If so, you may make a cop buddy in the process instead of potential enemy, no?

MaineRox

If an old CJ or Willy's can go get gas, we should be able to do it as well. I wouldn't wanna get in an accident in one of those either.. But I guess that's why they're called "accidents" not on purposes lol...
You are so correct about the Willys. Our 1949 Willys feels like a death trap every time I take it on the main street. It runs great, but the little truck was designed for seventy years ago. Steering, brakes, suspension makes one work to keep it on the road. It's crazy that we can get it registered every year while the Roxor can't. I feel tons more safe in a Roxor.

MaineRox

I’d think most non-traditional titling processes would involve the fuzz. If so, you may make a cop buddy in the process instead of potential enemy, no?
A good suggestion. A neighbor is an officer and I've been waiting for the right time to bring it up. He's by the book, though.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
By the book is how you will get this done. He may even have access to said book, with which you can coordinate a plan to use the laws in your favor.

MaineRox

That dealer is advertising their "street legal" Roxor on Craigslist.

///// 2018 MAHINDRA ROXOR LE STREET KIT NEW FINANCING AVAILABLE //////

I might give a ring to find out the details on how they expect it to be plated.
When I talked with him (the manager has it registered under his name), the sticky part is inspection. It won't pass as a Mahindra.

I also found out, from Maine, that if I bought it and then tried to register in Maine they will reject it because of the "off road only" designation. I spoke with my officer friend neighbor (and he talked with other officers) and it won't work in Maine.

I'm officially done. It's time to wait for the new Ford Bronco.... or that mythical Baby Jeep. Bye.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Stop thinking about the Roxor as a vehicle. It’s a pile of parts.

Don’t break the law, you don’t need to.

You’re welcome.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Good luck! I would hate to get into a full on accident in mine, but at the same time, I feel like we should be legal to go gas it up, or take a road to the trails! If an old CJ or Willy's can go get gas, we should be able to do it as well. I wouldn't wanna get in an accident in one of those either.. But I guess that's why they're called "accidents" not on purposes lol...
Well said, I have an '85 CJ-7, there really isnt much difference. I wont want to get in an accident in any of them.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Well said, I have an '85 CJ-7, there really isnt much difference. I wont want to get in an accident in any of them.

I wouldn't wanna hit an elk with a Dumb-for-Two either.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
This reminds me of when it happened with the military HMMWV's, I have several of them and personally never had a problem registering them either, and I followed all of the rules. I personally would not drive one on the freeway; however, I say leave the Roxors alone and let them proudly roam the roads!

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
With a frame railed vehicle, like the Roxor, you will very likely live. With a shitbox "safe" car, you won't. So which one is actually safer?