ooooooooooo

Need help with Michigan street legal

Finn

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Hi, I am working on getting street legal in Michigan and could use some help!

I am located just south of Ludington once I have made all the required modifications do I contact local or state police to inspect vehicle for new title and VIN?

What insurance companies have people used to get street legal MI no fault insurance?

Greatly appreciate any help!

Michigan Mike

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Hi Finn I replied to your pm but I will repeat it here. I am insured by State Farm supposedly Progressive will insure them also but my local progressive agency said no. When I had completed the all the work needed to make my Roxor street legal I callled the local Sheriffs office. They had a deputy Sheriff out that same day. I had a nice conversation With him and he signed off on my safety inspection. I then took my paperwork to the SEC. of State They sent it to Lansing and eventually the state inspector came out. He looked at it and before I even made it out of the house he opened the hood and had my new vin stuck to the firewall. We had a nice conversation he had done quite a few Roxors he liked them. One other thing if you have a loan against your Roxor your lending institution will have to give their approval for the state to put a new vin on the Roxor. My credit union already had a form for it so no big deal. If I can be any more assistance let me know.

Maineah

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hi Finn I replied to your pm but I will repeat it here. I am insured by State Farm supposedly Progressive will insure them also but my local progressive agency said no. When I had completed the all the work needed to make my Roxor street legal I callled the local Sheriffs office. They had a deputy Sheriff out that same day. I had a nice conversation With him and he signed off on my safety inspection. I then took my paperwork to the SEC. of State They sent it to Lansing and eventually the state inspector came out. He looked at it and before I even made it out of the house he opened the hood and had my new vin stuck to the firewall. We had a nice conversation he had done quite a few Roxors he liked them. One other thing if you have a loan against your Roxor your lending institution will have to give their approval for the state to put a new vin on the Roxor. My credit union already had a form for it so no big deal. If I can be any more assistance let me know.
Hi Mike, Does one have to be a Michigan resident to register there? I have some friends who live in Michigan who are willing to let me store my Roxor at their house while the proper steps and inspections are taken.

Michigan Mike

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I don't know about residency requirements. But I know there have been a couple threads on here where someone from out of state got it done. When I was getting mine legal I had a conversation with a guy from Indiana that was just getting his plates. He lived in Indiana but had lived in Michigan and I belive he still had an address here.