ooooooooooo

NEBRASKA!

wolfy

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I'm an old guy, 71 years of age, and I recall riding to school over muddy, non-graveled roads in my dad's 1947 Willys jeep. My mom, dad, brother & I would pile into the leaky, turnbutton half-cab for the ride from the farm to town. It was my job to go out and suck the water out of the wells in the cast iron head where the spark plugs were located with a plastic sucker-bottle that came with pig wormer. I recall that the windshield wiper on the passenger side was operated manually, but the driver's side added the convenience of a vacuum-operated wiper that only wiped the glass when Dad would let up on the gas pedal.

I found a local dealer only 60 miles from me that has two 2018 models left on the showroom floor. I mentioned the Roxor to my neighbor, who now leases our farm ground, and he was interested, too.....so, we are going to take a road trip over to the dealership and take a look at them in a day or two. He just had eye surgery and I have to take my wife in for a PT session on her injured shoulder today, so it will be a couple of days before we make the trip to see them.

I think they are both 'base' models from what the dealer dude told me on the phone. Asking price on each was $14,100......is that about right or not? Is there any discount for a cash sale, haggle-room, etc.? Anyway, I just registered here yesterday and have already gleaned some answers to a few of the questions I had.....THANKS, guys! Has anyone heard if the prices will change for the upcoming model year?

General

Founding Member
$14,100 is very good. Most pay close to $15 or $16 OTD for a base model. The 2019 machines will be significantly more expensive, but no model differences except speed increased from 45mph to 55 (many folks fix that in the computer anyway). The record is slightly lower than that (~$14,000) so I don't think you're going to get much cheaper. Kansas has some cheap, too, but you might just want the local dealer's price. Buy now and get another year extended warranty.

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The price they quoted is fair. I paid 15,700 OTD for a classic 2 with alloy wheels and windshield.

wolfy

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Well, it sounds like this dealer is selling them cheaply enough, so I guess I’d better go check on the balance in my checking account on Monday!

SMF

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
See where Ultimate Cycle in Powhatan, VA, (near Richmond) has 2018 Classic IIs listed as on sale for $12,993 in standard colors and $13,993 for Sand and OD -- up to $2,500 off MSRP, thru 1/31/19. If so, might be worth a drive for someone thinking about taking the Roxor plunge.

wolfy

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Thanks, but by the time I paid for fuel, meals, motels, etc. it might be about the same price for me either way.

Rhb798

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
See where Ultimate Cycle in Powhatan, VA, (near Richmond) has 2018 Classic IIs listed as on sale for $12,993 in standard colors and $13,993 for Sand and OD -- up to $2,500 off MSRP, thru 1/31/19. If so, might be worth a drive for someone thinking about taking the Roxor plunge.
Is that the out the door price? If not add 2 grand to it and it brings it back 14,993 and 15,993. Now if that is the OTD$ it's a great deal, but my guess is smoke and mirrors.

Reactions: RXR

SMF

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Seem a little too good to be true -- certainly a lot better than I did.

Nebroxor

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I'm an old guy, 71 years of age, and I recall riding to school over muddy, non-graveled roads in my dad's 1947 Willys jeep. My mom, dad, brother & I would pile into the leaky, turnbutton half-cab for the ride from the farm to town. It was my job to go out and suck the water out of the wells in the cast iron head where the spark plugs were located with a plastic sucker-bottle that came with pig wormer. I recall that the windshield wiper on the passenger side was operated manually, but the driver's side added the convenience of a vacuum-operated wiper that only wiped the glass when Dad would let up on the gas pedal.

I found a local dealer only 60 miles from me that has two 2018 models left on the showroom floor. I mentioned the Roxor to my neighbor, who now leases our farm ground, and he was interested, too.....so, we are going to take a road trip over to the dealership and take a look at them in a day or two. He just had eye surgery and I have to take my wife in for a PT session on her injured shoulder today, so it will be a couple of days before we make the trip to see them.

I think they are both 'base' models from what the dealer dude told me on the phone. Asking price on each was $14,100......is that about right or not? Is there any discount for a cash sale, haggle-room, etc.? Anyway, I just registered here yesterday and have already gleaned some answers to a few of the questions I had.....THANKS, guys! Has anyone heard if the prices will change for the upcoming model year?
i own a roxor and ;ive in nebraska if u wont to test drive one let me know

wolfy

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Very generous of you to offer, Nebroxor....but that's typical of we Nebraskans, isn't it? I live up in the far northeastern part of the state near Ponca State Park......how far from me are you?

Nebroxor

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Lol south of Linclon but we go to Halsey to ride a few times a year

woodtic

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner

And I thought I was old! Just kidding! Love to hear stories like these. Maybe we should have a section just for 'old timer stories' ? Bet we would get some doozie s!!

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I read your post very heart warming memories. 14,100 sounds like a great price. they are very good machines, I fixed mine up to look like an old USMC willys. I hope it works out for you, and welcome to Team Roxor! :)

Andydaniel1371

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I read your post very heart warming memories. 14,100 sounds like a great price. they are very good machines, I fixed mine up to look like an old USMC willys. I hope it works out for you, and welcome to Team Roxor! :)

Ahoy
Now that the 2019 model is here the price on a 2018 is better some places. Some dealers may have have that Roxor for even a year. 14,000 plus freight and shipping?
500 to 1300 for f/s is the range near me.
Out the door price of 14,000 is better
Good luck mate