ooooooooooo

My Bilstein Shock review.

B

Bister

I recently changed my stock shocks on my 2018 Roxor to a set of the upgraded Bilsteins. Normally I am not one to notice ride changes and stuff like some folks can unless it is drastic. Some guys can tell if they change their tire pressure by a couple of pounds, my tires could be flat before I notice the ride difference I think.

The trails I ride are more or less pasture type trails that can be quite rough due to the cattle rutting them up. I usually putt around in second gear low range while taking the dog for her run. I’m always riding in the same area and I know my trails pretty good. There are some better than others and some of the new ones I cut through the bush can be a pretty good work out hanging on because of the tree stumps still in the road and any rocks that can’t be avoided.

I changed the shocks the other night and I can definitely say that I am impressed and notice a huge difference in the ride. I didn’t think I would, if I noticed, you know there is an improvement. I took the Roxor out just before changing the shocks on a couple of trails right by town, changed the shocks and went back; just so everything was fresh yet. I noticed right away the change in ride quality. The front end just seem to settle right out and it took the edge off the sharp washouts I was hitting on purpose. I know it wasn’t in my head.

The next day I headed out to my regular trails for the run with the dog. Wow, where I was hanging on for dear life before if I tried going fast was now actually not too bad. I was pushing my speed to test the ride of the new shocks for sure. Again, really impressed. Where I was running in 2nd gear low range before can easily be done in 3rd now. The biggest difference for me was it smoothed out the front end and I could feel it right into the steering.
To make sure it wasn’t all in my head, I swapped the front ones back to my old ones and went for a short ride. It wasn’t in my head. What I did notice while installing them was the amount of push back from the new shocks vs the the stock ones. I had to compress them pretty good to get them installed.
Mahindra also sent a test set for the local potash mine to try on one of their current underground Roxors. After checking with my dealer, the Roxors the mine orders from now on will all have Bilstein shocks installed.

I would definitely say they are one upgrade that I feel makes quite a noticeable difference.

Les Salkeld.
2018 Roxor, 10,600 kilometers.
https://www.roxoroffroad.com/ac…/performance/bilstein-shocks

33D0E1D8-811A-4E99-B3E7-A3A7EF34E68B.jpeg6EBC672E-E17F-49FC-9ED3-5D217B9AF241.jpeg774606EC-14FD-411C-829D-21607921E17A.jpeg53F848DC-0256-4DCB-9A3B-92B733C5197C.jpeg792CE70C-7278-426C-A497-CB7C22A70AD6.jpeg

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
They’ll work in the rear. Front requires longer shocks to get full travel. Yes you can put them on the front but your droop will be very little as the shock will be maxed or almost maxed out on extension.

Togo

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I recently changed my stock shocks on my 2018 Roxor to a set of the upgraded Bilsteins. Normally I am not one to notice ride changes and stuff like some folks can unless it is drastic. Some guys can tell if they change their tire pressure by a couple of pounds, my tires could be flat before I notice the ride difference I think.

The trails I ride are more or less pasture type trails that can be quite rough due to the cattle rutting them up. I usually putt around in second gear low range while taking the dog for her run. I’m always riding in the same area and I know my trails pretty good. There are some better than others and some of the new ones I cut through the bush can be a pretty good work out hanging on because of the tree stumps still in the road and any rocks that can’t be avoided.

I changed the shocks the other night and I can definitely say that I am impressed and notice a huge difference in the ride. I didn’t think I would, if I noticed, you know there is an improvement. I took the Roxor out just before changing the shocks on a couple of trails right by town, changed the shocks and went back; just so everything was fresh yet. I noticed right away the change in ride quality. The front end just seem to settle right out and it took the edge off the sharp washouts I was hitting on purpose. I know it wasn’t in my head.

The next day I headed out to my regular trails for the run with the dog. Wow, where I was hanging on for dear life before if I tried going fast was now actually not too bad. I was pushing my speed to test the ride of the new shocks for sure. Again, really impressed. Where I was running in 2nd gear low range before can easily be done in 3rd now. The biggest difference for me was it smoothed out the front end and I could feel it right into the steering.
To make sure it wasn’t all in my head, I swapped the front ones back to my old ones and went for a short ride. It wasn’t in my head. What I did notice while installing them was the amount of push back from the new shocks vs the the stock ones. I had to compress them pretty good to get them installed.
Mahindra also sent a test set for the local potash mine to try on one of their current underground Roxors. After checking with my dealer, the Roxors the mine orders from now on will all have Bilstein shocks installed.

I would definitely say they are one upgrade that I feel makes quite a noticeable difference.

Les Salkeld.
2018 Roxor, 10,600 kilometers.
https://www.roxoroffroad.com/ac…/performance/bilstein-shocks

View attachment 6633View attachment 6634View attachment 6635View attachment 6636View attachment 6637
What are the stock numbers? Wondering if I can find from a local source.

B

Bister

What are the stock numbers? Wondering if I can find from a local source.
The numbers are specific to Roxor. They are $419 for a set on the Roxor accessory page. There was guy on Facebook that posted a number he said was the same shock, but I know that Roxor had these out, then pulled them and now they are back. T hey say they are specific to Roxor, it might just be the number, or they might have done a different valving in the shock, who knows. I don't know if those other shocks he posted would perform better, different or worse or if you could tell the difference.

B

Bister

Does anyone know if these will work with a roxor that has the front leveling kit?
Did you have to change the stock shocks when you put your levelling kit on? I had to compress them a lot to get them on as you can see in the picture. I don't know if a levelling kit would make much of a difference on them, I guess it depends if you are topping out and how rough you ride, like txroadkill mentions, you might need more travel....IDK. Not sure if they are spec'd for a levelling kit.

BoxRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Just got a set of Bilsteins from Sherwood. First thing I noticed was 2 different part #s. Appears to me that 1 pair is shorter than the other pair. The Install Guide makes no mention of which pair goes fore or aft. What’s up with that?? Mr. Bister- Help!! Thinking shorter set goes in the front but would like to verify

B

Bister

Just got a set of Bilsteins from Sherwood. First thing I noticed was 2 different part #s. Appears to me that 1 pair is shorter than the other pair. The Install Guide makes no mention of which pair goes fore or aft. What’s up with that?? Mr. Bister- Help!! Thinking shorter set goes in the front but would like to verify
I never noticed any difference in the part numbers or any mention of it. I just put them on, but I did read somewhere that someone else on Facebook noticed this and he was told longer ones in the front. I'll crawl under mine and see if they have different numbers if they are still on them.

Is this the number on your boxes?
P/N-0403AAA03991N

EDIT: I just crawled under mine and all 4 are the same number.

All 4 of my shocks have the same markings and numbers. I would be giving Sherwood a call for clarification.

E5B9DFED-F9E1-40BD-8EFE-2E6202F04CDA.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

BoxRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Thank You for your response. I’ll call Sherwood and post what they say.

BoxRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Just got off the phone with Customer Service at Mahindra. Kit 0403AAA04091N has been replaced with kit 11AC00001579. Install sheet on Roxor’s site has not been updated for new kit. So, Long goes front and short goes rear.

IT at Mahindra must be swamped with changes. Sure was confusing.

Thank You very much Bister for your help!!!!

B

Bister

Just got off the phone with Customer Service at Mahindra. Kit 0403AAA04091N has been replaced with kit 11AC00001579. Install sheet on Roxor’s site has not been updated for new kit. So, Long goes front and short goes rear.

IT at Mahindra must be swamped with changes. Sure was confusing.

Thank You very much Bister for your help!!!!

Which ones are your long ones?

Mine all end in 991N.

BoxRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I’m no mechanic, but the stock shock take-offs seemed odd to me. They had dampening but absolutely no rebound. Maybe they were shot? Is this how cheap shocks function? All 4 were identical in no rebound

B

Bister

I’m no mechanic, but the stock shock take-offs seemed odd to me. They had dampening but absolutely no rebound. Maybe they were shot? Is this how cheap shocks function? All 4 were identical in no rebound
Mine were the same. I think that’s why the Bilstiens (or any upgrades shock) improves it as much as it does.