ooooooooooo

My beef with Mahindra

928dennis

Why are so many of us spending money on a front end issue that is not are fault? speaking of the front springs. I have a LE model that the dealer had added a windshield, big stereo with amps, so I would guess 200 pounds extra right over the front end. I had 1" of travel in the front! it would beat the crap out of you. I did the add a leaf spring but this is a Band Ad. Mahindra needs to address this, and put a spring pack on the front with a higher load rating. We should not have to spend are money just to do some mild off roading,they are sold as a UTV! I went around and around with Mahindra and got no where. I bought mine from Nash Powersports in Phoenix, they are a large dealer for the Roxor so you will find 8 to 10 on there lot at any given time. If you look at the Le models on there lot they set about 1" lower in the front then the std models, Mahindra needs to address this.

B

Bister

No problems with mine, it's not an LE, but really that is just a decal and a couple options. Winch might bring it down a bit, which mine has, but to me is fine. I even have the plow mount on mine.

Not sure where you are measuring the travel. This is the first I have heard anyone complain about the travel on the front end or lack of I should say.

928dennis

I measured between the axle tube and the bump stop. I use mine for offroading, If you just drive on flat smooth roads you will be fine. I use mine in the desert here in So AZ and the mountains Of Colorado. I like the Roxor but for mild offroading it needs work. The fact that they set lower when adding a winch should tell you something, You won't see that say with a new Dodge Power wagon truck that has a winch as stock item. These things start out with a very small amount of travel then any weight you add just reduces it,Measure yours, you will see what I am talking about. You can not come even close to comparing these to a side by side, I have a Can Am Maverick and it rides 200% better offroad. I get the feeling that most people who buy the Roxor will not really offroad them much, but if you do it will beat the crap out of you.

B

Bister

I have about 1 1/4" to 1 1/2" with my winch and plow mount. I drive off-road on my trails. I don't find any problem with it as is, I'm fine with it for my use. I don't expect the ride of an independent suspension SxS.

I'll put one of my cameras under there one day and see if it actually hits the way I use mine and what it takes to make it hit.

This is one I did before but I didn't focus on the bump stop. There is a quick clip of it at the end while driving on my trails and it doesn't seem to hit. I assume it will, that is what it is for, if I go faster and over rougher stuff; but I'm not into doing that very often.

BoxRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
All I know is that the Roxor is waaaay better than an old CJ. I’ve been all over the mountains in the Silverton/Ouray area and no complaints with ride quality.

And the Roxor will be still running strong when the CanAm is in the junk heap

MAGAHAWK

Why are so many of us spending money on a front end issue that is not are fault? speaking of the front springs. I have a LE model that the dealer had added a windshield, big stereo with amps, so I would guess 200 pounds extra right over the front end. I had 1" of travel in the front! it would beat the crap out of you. I did the add a leaf spring but this is a Band Ad. Mahindra needs to address this, and put a spring pack on the front with a higher load rating. We should not have to spend are money just to do some mild off roading,they are sold as a UTV! I went around and around with Mahindra and got no where. I bought mine from Nash Powersports in Phoenix, they are a large dealer for the Roxor so you will find 8 to 10 on there lot at any given time. If you look at the Le models on there lot they set about 1" lower in the front then the std models, Mahindra needs to address this.
You bought a WW11 Jeep clone designed in the 40's- not a Polaris Razor

928dennis

Boy you guys are sensitive , I know what I bought and for the most part I like it. Most people on this forum they will not know about Silverton or Ouray Co but I do. I live in Durango about 50 miles from there, I am sorry but if you consider that hard 4 wheeling you and I are on a different planets.I have drove those trails to the point I am bored. For the most part a 2 wheel drive can get around most of them. there are a few I would consider A 7 on the Moab rating system. Most every test that has been done with the Roxor in a offroad environrment the press has said they ride rough. 1" to 11/2" of front wheel travel might be find for most people but my riding mower has more them that in the spring loaded seat. Sorry I posted my thoughts here, that's why I try really hard to just avoid these things.

B

Bister

I wouldn't say we are sensitive, I would just say we are Ok with what we purchased for what we use it for and are letting you know. I think anyone doing any hard core off-roading with the Roxor, or any other vehicle whether it be a traditional SxS or old 4X4 truck, will be doing some serious upgrades and I think the Roxor falls right in line with that.

As for anyone in the press saying the Roxor rides rough, they are probably comparing it to a traditional SxS with independent suspension and lots have of them have no idea what a solid axle, standard transmission vehicle is and this the first they have seen one. As for us, you included, we know what we bought. I'm sure no one has hurt feelings here, all is good I'm sure.

928dennis

Well It sounds like one big happy family, Your a few years behind on the SXS market. you should check where it has gone in the last few years just so you know. I am done here, you have made your point clear. I am in a very small percentage who really enjoy rough 4 wheeling.

B

Bister

Well It sounds like one big happy family, Your a few years behind on the SXS market. you should check where it has gone in the last few years just so you know. I am done here, you have made your point clear. I am in a very small percentage who really enjoy rough 4 wheeling.
I'm quite up on what is out there. Sorry I came across as upset or something about making my point. I just don't have problem with a pretty much stock roxor, it fits my needs perfectly. I did add a few things I wanted, not needed. They are all listed in my signature. I just use mine for trail riding and hauling wood etc. I don't have any issues with the front end or see any need to change it for my use. I actually have to leave it as is so the plow works properly, and I'm Ok with that. It's a work unit for me and at my age I'm not into extreme rough 4x4ing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Paulson

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
it defenty rides better then my 65 cj5. i bought mine for work and durability.. its not a sbs. its a work horse. if i want to play with the kids. i grab my Polaris.

928dennis

All I know is that the Roxor is waaaay better than an old CJ. I’ve been all over the mountains in the Silverton/Ouray area and no complaints with ride quality.

And the Roxor will be still running strong when the CanAm is in the junk heap
[/QU
Since I am in a small percentage of people who really use the Roxor for more extreme offroading we will see how it holds up. Just a side note, I have had my Can Am for 7 years and 3700 miles later it's till going strong. I have beat this thing up all over the west and it has been wonderful.

B

Bister

3700 isn't much, well I guess it is for the plastic stuff. My old Rhino has 19,000 miles on it and is 13 years old, my Grizzly is 16 years old and 10,000 miles and 6200 on my Roxor already. I can't see me ever replacing my Roxor at my age. Someone should still be driving this thing in 30-40 years, it probably won't be me. lol

MAGAHAWK

Hmmm ...... around 500 miles per year. Glad your happy with your CanAm. I don't see much point in folks arguing over Roxor VS modern SxS units. Two totally diff worlds (I have owned a CanAm as well as a Razor Turbo) Just not my cup of tea. If a person wants a rig to thrash and abuse then a plastic belt driven oversize go-cart is probably the best way to go. Kinda like discussing which rifle is best for deer hunting. I like my old Winchester .30 .30 lever action with iron sights. Probably explains my attraction to the Roxor. Anyway - sounds like you have the best of both worlds - enjoy :cool:

928dennis

3700 isn't much, well I guess it is for the plastic stuff. My old Rhino has 19,000 miles on it and is 13 years old, my Grizzly is 16 years old and 10,000 miles and 6200 on my Roxor already. I can't see me ever replacing my Roxor at my age. Someone should still be driving this thing in 30-40 years, it probably won't be me. lol
3700 miles is the way we ride, Not comparing just stating these side by sides are great machines in there own world.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Never owned a SxS but have owned several Willys from the 50s through 70s era. The Roxor is an early CJ6ish type vehicle with some nice modern upgrades. IMO it is very close to perfect for me. I live in the woods tucked back off private roads. Mine will work, DD, and play.

oldgreybull

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
My Roxor is brand spanky new with only a few easy miles on it, but it drives like a Cadillac compared to my old '46 CJ2A or the Rangers I've owned. If the turning radius was a little shorter it would perfect, but I'm adapting.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
My Roxor is brand spanky new with only a few easy miles on it, but it drives like a Cadillac compared to my old '46 CJ2A or the Rangers I've owned. If the turning radius was a little shorter it would perfect, but I'm adapting.

You crank in those stop bolts?

oldgreybull

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
You crank in those stop bolts?
I thought about it but backed off when I saw that several mentioned clearance issues and damage to the shocks.
Is there enough wiggle room for a small adjustment without risk or is not enough to make a difference?