ooooooooooo

Muffler drain plug?

Cloud

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Does the stock muffler have a drain plug? It sure looks like a drain plug but I've never seen a muffler with one before. I would assume it's for draining water after you have a bit of fun.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
To clear the soot or carbon. It’s has a spark arrestor in it.

Cloud

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
To clear the soot or carbon. It’s has a spark arrestor in it.
So it's a diesel specific thing, that's good to know. I guess major loss of power is a sign your muffler is clogged?

I'm going to see how it sounds straight piped soon, YouTube can't do exhaust noise justice. We need a muffler thread

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
So it's a diesel specific thing, that's good to know. I guess major loss of power is a sign your muffler is clogged?

I'm going to see how it sounds straight piped soon, YouTube can't do exhaust noise justice. We need a muffler thread
Drone. It sounds cool for a minute. But loses it's cool factor quickly. Especially if you dump the exhaust underneath

Cloud

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Drone. It sounds cool for a minute. But loses it's cool factor quickly. Especially if you dump the exhaust underneath

Any recommendations for mufflers? I like them to work and keep me from getting a headache, but I don't like exhaust systems that cross the axle, or hang down and get caught on stuff. There's not a lot of room on the roxor for anything..

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
If you dump it under the body, you'll smell exhaust. I drove maybe 4 miles with the muffler removed. No matter the wind direction, I was smelling fumes.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #

More like an OHV/SXS thing. Mainly needed with the gas engines and not so much with a turbo diesel. It’s on there due to govt regulations. Many public lands require it to ride legally. Some states that even allow them to be “street legal” require them as well to get the plate/be legal.