ooooooooooo

Michigan insurance?

HTW

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I apologize if this has been covered before, but I am getting conflicting information from my insurance company regarding side by side road legal insurance.
Some back ground information:
In order to "sell" the idea of getting a Roxor to my wife, then making it road legal with the required equipment and inspections I have been doing some research. I understand Michigan allows me to get it road legal and an assembled vin/title but I can not seem to get a straight answer to:
1) insurance for occasional road use
2) cost of insurance for road use
3) what insurance company will insure a roxor
All my insurance agent will say is in the past she would use Progressive (they would insure side by sides). She states Progressive will no longer insure side by sides, but admits she has not tried in a few years because only grandfathered side by sides are allowed. I told her the laws in Michigan have changed and you can get a side by side (roxor) title/tags in Michigan if you do the correct stuff and so on... So I keep going round and round with her she has never seen a roxor and does not seem interested in reaching out to insurance companies for quotes. Just keeps tell me it will be very expensive... Has anyone in Michigan been able to insure a roxor for occasional on-road use with an assembled registration? If so would you mind sharing the insurance company and approximate cost to insure? At this point I am sort of like forget it I can get a new JL 2-door Sport but I really love the roxor...

PineCreek

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I apologize if this has been covered before, but I am getting conflicting information from my insurance company regarding side by side road legal insurance.
In order to "sell" the idea of getting a Roxor to my wife, then making it road legal with the required equipment and inspections I have been doing some research. I understand Michigan allows me to get it road legal and an assembled vin/title but I can not seem to get a straight answer to:
All my insurance agent will say is in the past she would use Progressive (they would insure side by sides). She states Progressive will no longer insure side by sides, but admits she has not tried in a few years because only grandfathered side by sides are allowed. I told her the laws in Michigan have changed and you can get a side by side (roxor) title/tags in Michigan if you do the correct stuff and so on... So I keep going round and round with her she has never seen a roxor and does not seem interested in reaching out to insurance companies for quotes. Just keeps tell me it will be very expensive... Has anyone in Michigan been able to insure a roxor for occasional on-road use with an assembled registration? If so would you mind sharing the insurance company and approximate cost to insure? At this point I am sort of like forget it I can get a new JL 2-door Sport but I really love the roxor...

I have Full Coverage on my Roxor thru State Farm in Virginia.
Same coverage as my other cars.
Not that expensive.

Vinny

Supporting Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Maybe stop using your agent and go online directly. Progressive has a really easy website to use and they will insure Roxors.

RoxorYooper

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I see a lot of people answering your question but they aren’t even from Michigan. I’ll clarify it for you from my experience as I’ve been street legal for around a year in Michigan. Progressive,Geico,Auto-Owners,Farm Bureau and most any other insurance companies will not insure these for street use. Progressive used to insure side by sides and recently even dropped the grandfathered ones. The most popular company to go with is State Farm, I paid around $425 for 6 months of basic coverage last year and this year it’s around $475. The other six months I put storage on it for $80, you must keep insurance on it once you’re plated. Full coverage was around $750 for six months, my 70k truck only costs me $612 for full coverage for 6 months. I’m wondering if the new insurance law reform will change if other companies will insure these in the next month.

Siriustock

I’m in Michigan and I just got my Roxor a couple mouths ago. My agent went though progressive for my Roxor on my policy it’s listed as motorcycle / off road vehicle full coverage for $450 a year. Says nowhere on the policy off road use only..

HTW

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I see a lot of people answering your question but they aren’t even from Michigan. I’ll clarify it for you from my experience as I’ve been street legal for around a year in Michigan. Progressive,Geico,Auto-Owners,Farm Bureau and most any other insurance companies will not insure these for street use. Progressive used to insure side by sides and recently even dropped the grandfathered ones. The most popular company to go with is State Farm, I paid around $425 for 6 months of basic coverage last year and this year it’s around $475. The other six months I put storage on it for $80, you must keep insurance on it once you’re plated. Full coverage was around $750 for six months, my 70k truck only costs me $612 for full coverage for 6 months. I’m wondering if the new insurance law reform will change if other companies will insure these in the next month.
Thank you for the Information

HTW

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I’m in Michigan and I just got my Roxor a couple mouths ago. My agent went though progressive for my Roxor on my policy it’s listed as motorcycle / off road vehicle full coverage for $450 a year. Says nowhere on the policy off road use only..
Thank you

RoxorYooper

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
You might want to talk to your agent. Full coverage for a full year at $450 in Michigan seems impossible.

us17094

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I think RoxorYooper has a good point here. It could be the policy covers liability but not theft or collision. My State Farm policy is closer to $900 (in TN) and most of the cost is for collision/theft coverage. A liability only policy would have been less than half what I am paying.

Siriustock

My policy is bodily injury/ property damage liability
100,000 a person/ $300,000 each accident

uninsured/underinsured motorist
$100,000/ $300,000

comprehensive $1000 deductible
collision $1000 deductible

$3000 for accessory’s

Blackmouth

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I got progressive in about five minutes for use in Texas.

rich

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
occasional use for me in Michigan added to my current policy is $280 a year through Auto Owners

Lumberlegs

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Just wanted to confirm that State Farm was the way to go. After talking with Progressive to no avail, State Farm knocked it out in under an hour. This is for a newly road legal 2019 in Kalamazoo County with a new title that says Utility on it.

mopar93

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I've had Progressive on my 2018 since getting it two years ago. I just renewed the policy for the third year. Full coverage with $1000 deductible for $125 per year.

Roxor94

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
State Farm for me also. It’s the most expensive of my three vehicles insured.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk