ooooooooooo

Mechcanial Pump Swap

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I've heard through a grapevine that Mahindra didn't change the pump mount boss, gear, or flange from the old rotary pumps to the new HP CR pump. I have a VE pump in my garage from another application. I'm gonna eye/measure some stuff up. A fully mechanical setup has significant advantages, not the least of which is full removal of the speed limiter and complete access to full tunability.

Last edited:

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Nobody? It seems to me a mechanical pump swap would correct the few woes this vehicle has.

The tuning "products" out right now don't seem to be in line with products for other makes.

tben87

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I think this will be one of those things that happen once things break or cause issues. As far as the injection system goes its about as bulletproof as it can get with electronics. Time will tell.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
True, but there is a definite ceiling I would pay for any mods/repairs to the CR system. That ceiling is like half teh cost of a pump swap lol

Ben

Nobody? It seems to me a mechanical pump swap would correct the few woes this vehicle has.

The tuning "products" out right now don't seem to be in line with products for other makes.

This common rail uses 23K PSI of pressure ! No mechanical pump will drive the stock injectors ever !

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I'd rather have have a mechanical pump. They're cheaper and easier to replace. However I'm not going down this road. Sorry

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
This common rail uses 23K PSI of pressure ! No mechanical pump will drive the stock injectors ever !

Not stock injectors. They need to swapped to low pressure pop injectors along with the pump.

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Not stock injectors. They need to swapped to low pressure pop injectors along with the pump.

I knew this too which is why I said earlier I'm not going down this road. I'd rather just swap the electric pump out every 100,000 miles before it breaks. That's a better and much cheaper way to go.

tben87

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
As time as gone on, these newer electronic pumps are not as expensive as they once were when they came out 20 yrs ago. Even the pump on my colorado diesel is only 500 bucks brand new from the dealer. Considering the thar has been around for awhile running this setup it might even be cheaper to replace the electronic one now as opposed to the mechanical one. All mechanical is cool and has its advantages but I think it isn't feasible now. The electronic ones last awhile now.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The mechcanical pump is only a means to not run the computer controlled injectors. We'll see how expensive they are 100k miles from now, but if they are more than $250 each, then mechanical pump swap it is.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
the in tank pump gets whiny when it's cold out

MAGAHAWK

I knew this too which is why I said earlier I'm not going down this road. I'd rather just swap the electric pump out every 100,000 miles before it breaks. That's a better and much cheaper way to go.
Sell your Roxor yet? Haven't seen it advertised on ebay. Whats your current asking price?