ooooooooooo

Louisiana

BayouLady

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Hi to all,

We live in Louisiana, but spend our summers camping in Colorado. We currently have a “retired” 1979 CJ7, a Jeep Rubicon and a Polaris Gen4. We have jeeped in southwestern Colorado for almost 50 years (telling my age now!). Love Jeeps, but wanted a UTV to go on smaller trails, so got the Gen4. Enjoyed it, but not completely satisfied with it.

When we saw the Roxor, loved it! But, before we get rid of the Gen4, we need to learn more, so hoping to benefit from reading about your experiences, comments, etc. Hubby tends to get me to do the research, and let him know what I have found.

As to us, we have been married for over 50 years, still in good health, anxious to hit the trails again! Our Colorado reservations for this summer made! We have two kids, both Jeep owners; 6 grandkids, 1 great grand and three dogs who camp and trail ride with us.
Due to where we go, the Roxor has to be street legal, heated, and enclosed. In Judicial District 7 (Gunnison, Lake City, etc) licensed UTV’s are allowed on state roads, so we can hit the trails from the campground. Silverton has restrictions. Lake City is working on restrictions. We also prefer automatic (tight switchbacks, steep angles- and older knees)! So we are watching this closely. Yes, we both can drive manual; put over 200,000 miles on the C7.
I’ll try not to ask too many questions, probably just going to read a lot and learn from all of you! Looking forward to it! I am Gerry (yes, boy name), hubby is Jim.

General

Founding Member
Welcome! In my opinion the Roxor is better than a CJ7 in every way besides legality. Power steering, disk brakes, electronic injection, turbo diesel, more space, and no rust (yet)! You'd be surprised how easily your CJ7 windshield (and VIN plate) mount onto the Roxor body... The Roxor's only major flaw is that it's Off Road Only from the factory, although many states have some allowance for off/on-road use like you mentioned.

Unfortunately there's no automatic transmission option right now. We've been hearing for a year now that it's being developed, and a prototype is out there, but not yet for sale. I'd guess maybe in 1 year we can buy Roxors with automatic transmission. Similarly, there's no hard enclosure yet. Mahindra has a pretty good soft top, zipper doors, slant back, expensive, but effective. There are hard tops now, and I'm sure a full hard enclosure is coming up, I'd bet just in time for next winter. Heater kits are available from factory, or a wide range of aftermarket options, similarly stellar performance but for different prices.

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have a roxor and I'm very pleased with it. You can try going through Dirt Legal to get tags if you want. I've kept my ear to the ground and I'm hearing that many more accesories are coming out soon including more cab enclosures.

BayouLady

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Thanks guys, I appreciate any information you think we should know. We are in no hurry to make this purchase. Hubby had back fusion surgery so we are only bringing the Jeep with us to Colorado this summer. (Too hard to load the Gen4 on a Lotus Rack in the back of the truck and strap it down). Hopefully something will come out before next summer, 2020. Until then, I am collecting all of the info that I can find to make the best possible decisions on unit, accessories, etc.

RoxorSE

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
SE #052
Hi to all,

We live in Louisiana, but spend our summers camping in Colorado. We currently have a “retired” 1979 CJ7, a Jeep Rubicon and a Polaris Gen4. We have jeeped in southwestern Colorado for almost 50 years (telling my age now!). Love Jeeps, but wanted a UTV to go on smaller trails, so got the Gen4. Enjoyed it, but not completely satisfied with it.

When we saw the Roxor, loved it! But, before we get rid of the Gen4, we need to learn more, so hoping to benefit from reading about your experiences, comments, etc. Hubby tends to get me to do the research, and let him know what I have found.

As to us, we have been married for over 50 years, still in good health, anxious to hit the trails again! Our Colorado reservations for this summer made! We have two kids, both Jeep owners; 6 grandkids, 1 great grand and three dogs who camp and trail ride with us.
Due to where we go, the Roxor has to be street legal, heated, and enclosed. In Judicial District 7 (Gunnison, Lake City, etc) licensed UTV’s are allowed on state roads, so we can hit the trails from the campground. Silverton has restrictions. Lake City is working on restrictions. We also prefer automatic (tight switchbacks, steep angles- and older knees)! So we are watching this closely. Yes, we both can drive manual; put over 200,000 miles on the C7.
I’ll try not to ask too many questions, probably just going to read a lot and learn from all of you! Looking forward to it! I am Gerry (yes, boy name), hubby is Jim.
With knee problems you will want good sized flat steps on both sides to make entry and exit to the vehicle both easier and safer. Even left stock the Roxor is a little high without the steps.

BayouLady

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Yes, but we will probably lift it. Rubicon has 13 inch clearance and we don’t scrape. We have a hide a step on it that works great. Will have to find that for the Roxor. Knees ok, just getting older and want to keep my originals! So many friends are going thru replacements-

Rstan45

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hi neighbor! What part of Louisiana are you in? I'm in the west side. I highly recommend driving to first turn in Lafayette to look or buy. They treated me well and have still kept in touch.

BayouLady

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Hi, nice to know someone else is in Louisiana. We are in Denham Springs. We still haven’t started looking. Hubby had back fusion late November, something happened, and he is rescheduled for surgery again on the 25. He has a screw loose (yes, makes for some good jokes); however cap holding screw to rod is loose!

Once he recovers we will look in Lafayette, thanks. We have a local dealer, Outdoor Powerhouse that is a Roxor dealer. He was great with our General purchase.

Have you licensed yours?