ooooooooooo

Loose Instrument Cluster

oldgreybull

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I noticed today that the center instrument cluster is coming loose from the dash mounting. It is completely loose and can be pulled out almost 1/2".
Before I attempt to get my head upside down under the dash - which at my age is a challenge :) - does anyone know how it's secured?
I reached back there and can feel behind it, but can't find any thing like a nut or bezel that seems loose.
Thanks!

secretv

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
There is a metal ring that digs into the plastic and holds it in place. I believe there are two plugs connected to it as well. It should be relatively easy to adjust the little cleats on the metal ring once you have it out.

oldgreybull

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
There is a metal ring that digs into the plastic and holds it in place. I believe there are two plugs connected to it as well. It should be relatively easy to adjust the little cleats on the metal ring once you have it out.
Thank you! I stuck a mirror under the dash and shined a light and saw exactly what you said. I managed to reach back there push the ring in tight all around and then bend the tabs back down enough to make it snug. Problem solved; I appreciate the tip.