ooooooooooo

Like a Champ on Alpine Loop

JonBoyK

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Fun week...

20180703_123529.jpg 20180704_111807.jpg 20180706_104025.jpg 20180703_110622.jpg 20180706_104108.jpg

General

Founding Member
Nice photos, looks like a fun and memorable trip. What were your favorite parts about the Roxor versus other side-by-sides? Any unexpected joys or limitations of this new machine?

JonBoyK

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The only trail I did not do was Poukipsee(sp), until I get lockers and possibly a small lift I didn't want to attempt it. The rest was handled perfectly. Personally I love the 5 speed and low gearing going up and down these trails compared to any side by side. However the leaf springs do make a bit of a rough ride. Definitely air those tires down. The side by sides will be zooming past, but slow and steady makes for much more appreciation of the beauty these trails provide.

B

Bister

Awesome pics and thank you for not holding your phone vertically, lol. So much more to see this way. ?

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
:-(
The only trail I did not do was Poukipsee(sp), until I get lockers and possibly a small lift I didn't want to attempt it. The rest was handled perfectly. Personally I love the 5 speed and low gearing going up and down these trails compared to any side by side. However the leaf springs do make a bit of a rough ride. Definitely air those tires down. The side by sides will be zooming past, but slow and steady makes for much more appreciation of the beauty these trails provide.

I did the trails up around Ouray Colorado and Lake City areas a few years back but in my 2011 Ford Raptor. along with 5 more Raptors. Man there were some skinny areas. I had taken a rented CJ on these and had been beaten silly a few years before that. The Raptor did it like a limo! Lol. It was great when you would come across others in quads, side x sides and jeeps and this 6000 lb Ford was happily driving along at speed. Had a few 8-10 point turns but it managed wonderfully.

Unfortunately the Raptor met its demise when a guy stopped in his 2001 Buick in the middle of a 3 lane highway to offer gas to a stranded car at 5:30 am with no lights or flashers on either. I missed the stranded car when I went hard left but nailed the good Samaritans Buick at about 60 mph. Thank god nobody was hurt. The Raptor died.

I am hoping to do the same roads in the Roxor next summer.

BDRAG

Last edited:

Shortbus

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Awesome pictures and I agree wholeheartedly slow and easy wins the race and it is a bit rough but love hearing that little diesel as I’ve been driving a truck for 38 years plus.

Bfree

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Been on the Alpine loop a many a times. Our Favorite vacations by far. Ive always had either 4 wheelers or SXSs to go up and always felt sorry for those slow Jeepers! haha. But now that Im about to pull the plug on the ROXOR, I want to do the loop and now I can talk about all those young ens wizzing past me on their SXSs and think, hey slow down and enjoy the view. Thanks for sharing

Chainring

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Where is this Alpine loop!? I love the Ft. Davis and Alpine area, not familiar with this road - but should be!

JonBoyK

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
In between Lake City, Silverton, and Ouray. Absolutely wonderful network of roads.

Bobby

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Wide open spaces. Way jealous. I live in a beautiful part of the country, but there are many! Thanks for sharing

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
:-(
American Basin?

The heck if I know. I was the 3rd or 4th raptor in the group of 6 or 7 of us. We sure took up a lot of space. :)

There were many 6 or 8 point turns. LOL. I think the Raptor turned sharper than the Roxor but is 3 feet wider. LOL. .

BDRAG

BayouLady

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I did the trails up around Ouray Colorado and Lake City areas a few years back but in my 2011 Ford Raptor. along with 5 more Raptors. Man there were some skinny areas. I had taken a rented CJ on these and had been beaten silly a few years before that. The Raptor did it like a limo! Lol. It was great when you would come across others in quads, side x sides and jeeps and this 6000 lb Ford was happily driving along at speed. Had a few 8-10 point turns but it managed wonderfully.

Unfortunately the Raptor met its demise when a guy stopped in his 2001 Buick in the middle of a 3 lane highway to offer gas to a stranded car at 5:30 am with no lights or flashers on either. I missed the stranded car when I went hard left but nailed the good Samaritans Buick at about 60 mph. Thank god nobody was hurt. The Raptor died.

I am hoping to do the same roads in the Roxor next summer.

BDRAG
We will be camping in Lake City for the summer. Look us up!