ooooooooooo

Lemon?

Cshama

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
It turns out my brand new roxor has a slipping clutch.

I know little about mechanics but from what I have learnt it could be the result of a number of things.

Is this a reasonably easy fix or will I forever be haunted by gremlins. The dealer has zero experience fixing roxors but they are replacing the clutch.

Just wondering what people with experience here think?

B

Bister

Back yard/DYI wrench pullers can change a clutch. I'm sure even though the mechanic may not have specific experience with a Roxor, if he can follow the instructions/procedure in the dealer service manual and is a 'certified mechanic', I am sure you will be fine. If he screws up, you are still covered by warranty. I'd give him the benefit of the doubt. Roxor's are not real complicated units. Some of the ATV's and SxS's out there are more complicated and way harder to work on than a Roxor. Once it is change and adjusted, it should be good. I wouldn't loose any sleep over it, there are better things to loose sleep over.

Folks keep saying these are 'ATV mechanics'. There are a lot of good ATV mechanics around here, I would trust them with any of my vehicles. Then there are some car mechanics I wouldn't let check my oil. lol

Hopefully it works out for you, keep us updated.

Les.

Last edited by a moderator:

MAGAHAWK

I know little about mechanics but from what I have learnt it could be the result of a number of things.

Is this a reasonably easy fix or will I forever be haunted by gremlins. The dealer has zero experience fixing roxors but they are replacing the clutch.

Clutch replacement on a Roxor is a straight forward repair that can be done by anyone with basic mechanical knowledge and common sense.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
The only thing I’d have reservations about an ATV mechanic working on a roxor would be setting up the rear ends. It takes some knowledge and special tools to set up the ring and pinion properly. For the clutch I wouldn’t sweat it. It’s a simple parts swap.

Cshama

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I'm not worried they will screw up the clutch replacement. I'm worried they won't know how to fix what made the clutch slip in the first place.

But I guess time will tell. They actually seem to be pretty nice guys.

B

Bister

The only thing I’d have reservations about an ATV mechanic working on a roxor would be setting up the rear ends. It takes some knowledge and special tools to set up the ring and pinion properly. For the clutch I wouldn’t sweat it. It’s a simple parts swap.
Yeah, there are a couple things like the OX lockers that are best done by someone with experience. The Spartans are pretty straight forward.

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
A clutch is easy. You might want to see if theres an adjustment on the clutch pedal. Maybe it's slipping because the pedal is partially pushing it down and so the pedal just needs to be backed off.

Angus Rancher

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Honestly, I would wonder about a cause for a clutch to go bad so soon. I once let an elderly man borrow a manual pickup, he thought he was starting out in second, but was in 4th....bye bye clutch. Did some kid at the dealership or something compromise it, first? Did an idiot take it for a test drive? Some people should only drive automatics.

Cshama

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The dealer I bought the Roxor from didn't have a transmission jack. It seems like it's taking them 2 weeks to get a jack.

If you look on Amazon you can get one overnight. So I'm not wildly impressed.

The people at the dealer are nice enough. But this is turning into a pretty bad experience. I also feel that if they fix the clutch but ignore the underlying problem causing the clutch to fail after 10 miles, that will suck even more.

It's a shame because otherwise I love the vehicle.

pejo0501

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
The dealer I bought the Roxor from didn't have a transmission jack. It seems like it's taking them 2 weeks to get a jack.

The people at the dealer are nice enough. But this is turning into a pretty bad experience. I also feel that if they fix the clutch but ignore the underlying problem causing the clutch to fail after 10 miles, that will suck even more.

I hear that these guys are pretty good https://www.sherwoodtractorparts.com/collections/mahindra-roxor-parts/Accessories

Cshama

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
So my dealer, Dutchess Recreational in NY, finally got the clutch jack in after a week. And now they say it will be at least a week before they can get around to fixing the clutch.

I called Roxor directly and they basically shrugged their shoulders.

So in the month I've owned the Roxor it will have been in the shop for about 3 weeks.

Definitely the worst experience I've had buying a new vehicle. The way I am, if I was Dutchess Recreational I would bend over backwards to get it fixed.

pejo0501

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
So my dealer, Dutchess Recreational in NY, finally got the clutch jack in after a week. And now they say it will be at least a week before they can get around to fixing the clutch.

I called Roxor directly and they basically shrugged their shoulders.

So in the month I've owned the Roxor it will have been in the shop for about 3 weeks.

Definitely the worst experience I've had buying a new vehicle. The way I am, if I was Dutchess Recreational I would bend over backwards to get it fixed.
Not the same situation for me but I have owned my Roxor 4 weeks haven’t driven it due two main reasons. First the state of Michigan hasn’t given me my new vin and title. 2nd still waiting on the parts from Mahindra to show up for the upgrades I ordered. I am flying in to pick up the Roxor as soon as everything is done.

SMF

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
That's surprising/disappointing. Even with a great product like Roxor, when trying to break into an already crowded field, Mahindra certainly understands that they cannot afford to "shrug their shoulders" regarding customer service issues. I've had several exchanges with the call center, albeit concerning minor stuff compared to your clutch problems, and found them exceptionally responsive and helpful. I'd give the Mahindra/Roxor folks another chance -- maybe on the supervisory level. As for the warehouse fire which is apparently causing parts delivery issues, seems MANA could have done a far better job of communications with its customers, instead of allowing the rumor mill to do their talking.

MAGAHAWK

Any mechanic that can't figure out how to remove a transmission without using a purpose built trans jack is no mechanic!! You are either being lied to or you are dealing with total Fu**ing Idiots. No disrespect to you but I think they may be taking advantage of your limited knowledge of basic mechanical repairs. I suggest you contact Mahindra and call these idiots out for PPS........ Piss Poor Service and Get the Mahindra rep on their ass ;)

Cshama

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
My knowledge is so limited that I have no clue if they know what they are doing. Yesterday I talked to Mahindra and the dealers manager. It seems the have helped and I think they are to help me and get this done.

Dsteinkopf

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner

My clutch went out the 1st week of owning my 2018 Roxor as well. I was infuriated but after I calmed down I chose to have the dealer install a diesel freak clutch setup. I’m happy with how it all worked out.

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
:-(

Go here and find all the clutch parts and assemblies. It could have been a simple thing like too much clutch slave cylinder fluid or fluid in the system and not bleed correctly. Parts Catalog|ROXOR Offroad.

I had a motorcycle, Suzuki LC 1500, that if you had too much fluid in the clutch reservoir, when it was hot out the fluid would expand and cause the clutch to slip. Lots of riders had this issue in traffic or parades. Mine never did it. But it was an isolated occurrence.

BDRAG

Last edited:

Max A.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Clutches need to break in. If they are operated by someone that doesn’t know what they are doing it’s easy to glaze the clutch surface especially when they are brand new. Not saying it was you ... could have been the dealer moving it around before you got it. You’ll want. To take a good look at the flywheel and make sure it’s not glazed. If it is, you can lightly sand it to get a new surface and try again with a new clutch disk. Some times you can sand the surface of the disc down and not have to replace it but if your going through the trouble of getting to the clutch you might as well replace it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk