ooooooooooo

Installed Some Power for the Summer!

BoxofRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
After the long winter of not using the Roxor much and mainly wanting to keep it out of the salt, I got it out to go to work a few weeks back so I could get around some flood waters that were covering the main road on my commute. I really forgot how doggy it was for road use, so that very afternoon I ordered the CPS 120 HP tune and a cat back side exit exhaust.

One ride after the tuned ecm came back and I got the exhaust on I noticed two things. 1) It was a totally new ride with power to spare now instead of having to flog it all the time and 2) I had the standard issue grid heater boost leak.

I ordered up an intercooler kit to fix the boost leak, with the extra HP on the highway I was worried EGTs would be a touch high, so I figured the cooler would be good for longevity and come with the necessary parts to fix my boost leak too. A win-win situation.

So far, I am very impressed by this new power! I have always been impressed by the Roxor, but having the extra power on tap is awesome, and it's nice to no longer have to downshift when you smell a hill coming up ?

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Very cool. Glad it worked out for you. Who did you get your intercooler from

BoxofRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Very cool. Glad it worked out for you. Who did you get your intercooler from

Thanks! I ordered the RX-intercooler kit from Dirt Legal, I liked their flange at the intake slightly better as it bolts to the grid heater on top as opposed to having one more silicone boot connection. Although I'm very sure that the DF kit would have absolutely no issues and is a great product.

One thing I want to do now is add the factory accessory fan shroud to help the fan pull more cool air across the intercooler at low speeds for trail riding. Plus install a pyro in my manifold EGR block off plate and a boost gauge in one of the 1/8 ports on the cold side intake tubing.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I did the intercooler from DF, I'm happy with it. I also ordered the shroud, I have an 18 and noticed my blade is very close to the lower hose. The shrouds are very hard to get right now.

BoxofRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I did the intercooler from DF, I'm happy with it. I also ordered the shroud, I have an 18 and noticed my blade is very close to the lower hose. The shrouds are very hard to get right now.

When I was researching my options I saw that you had installed the DF cooler, plus I watched your videos on the intake flange when I was researching the boost leak fix. ?

I've had the upgrade center console ordered for about 3 weeks now from my dealer, it seems just about everything is hard to get hold of at the moment.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Glad you enjoyed the videos. I did the center console upgrade, it was pretty easy, I actually took the passenger seat out to make it easier. Yes, everything right now is hard to get and expensive. Post how you upgrades go and post some pics.

BoxofRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Here's how it looks as of this evening, it's dirty and I need to wash it. I'm happy with how the cooler piping turned out. CPS doesn't disable EGR in their tunes, so I bolted the EGR valve to the angle bracket on top of the alternator. It's the perfect spot for the vacuum and electric connectors to reach. The valve actuates and the ECU is happy, and my intake stays soot free.

IMG_20210322_165126582.jpg IMG_20210322_165131183.jpg IMG_20210322_165050705_HDR.jpg IMG_20210322_165139081_HDR.jpg