ooooooooooo

If you offroard your Roxor take notice

928dennis

This is what we found while we were in installing a Rough Country front lift kit. The rear spring hanger mount has major wear already. This is a scary thought if this were to break off, you should check yours if you have been off roading much. As I have said here these things are not up to moderate off roading without some reworking.The pictures don't show how bad the wear really is. We will do the drivers side today and hope for the best.

20200308_151600.jpg 20200308_151612 (1).jpg

BoxRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Have you maintained the grease fitting there?

Did you remove sway bar links?

BoxRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
FYI- Removed my links too. But when you start screw’n around with stuff, problems crop up the mfger did not anticipate??

928dennis

If you don't this thing will bet you up worse offroad, sounds like you understand that. If we can't remove a sway bar end link for more travel without this happing then this thing is toast for offroading. Even Mopar uses this on some of the jeeps and the Power Wagons. As a long time offroader I have done this to all my 4x4's.

Paulson

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
If you don't this thing will bet you up worse offroad, sounds like you understand that. If we can't remove a sway bar end link for more travel without this happing then this thing is toast for offroading. Even Mopar uses this on some of the jeeps and the Power Wagons. As a long time offroader I have done this to all my 4x4's.
The first thing I do is get rid of the sway bar

BoxRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Did you remove/modify spring or axle bump stops?

Very curious because we all want the most articulation possible and figure what works or not

928dennis

I have outlined problems here before. Removing the endlinks is just basic offroading. I had to put a Add A leaf in since I had onl 1" of travel before the axle would hit the stop. It rode like *hit and still dose.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
How deep is the wear? Hard to tell in the pics.

928dennis

Well it is hard to gauge, but in one area it might be 1/32" of a inch? Or a little more. You run your finger across it there is step up in the materal. I will try today with a set of calipers to get it more precise. I have heard of these bending now I know why. This would be bad new if this bracket broke. At least with the Rough Country brack you can unbolt it and replacem. Thats not the answer though.

928dennis

Any wear here is a problem, I have a few hundred miles of offroading only.most of my trips are in very rocky areas around So Az and the mountains of Co. Thats what you get out here.

Cloud

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
How about the stock shock tower water trap? Anybody drilled a drain hole?

Dan H.

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Is there enough room between the hanger and springs to place a shim of thin harden material? Use the shim as the sacrifice piece and change it out every so often.

jeeper50

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I would check the torque of the through bolts, they are only meant to secure the bolt not pinch the hanger so it rubs on the spring.