ooooooooooo

I Really Hope the "Off Topic" Thread Won't be Taken Over.

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I used to be a member of a heating and air conditioning forum site that would serve techs and homeowners alike with their HVAC needs. It was a really great site for many years that helped a lot of people because they could get good advice from pros and we could all share or combined experiences. Sadly, the site administrators decided to create a thread for political discussions in order to increase traffic. Then things went to hell. Soon members began posting some of the most hateful and bigoted threads I've ever seen. Sure more people visited the site and their ad revenue went up for a couple months; But all the professional members had to leave in mass, myself included. Now the site is pretty much a haven for hate speech and very little advice is still given about HVAC anymore.

Anyway, now that I'm a member here I just wanted to share my experience and I hope the administrators won't make the same mistake. Lets just keep teamroxor as a place for people to talk about Roxors which we all enjoy. Lets keep politics outside.

Last edited:

ROXOR

Administrator
Staff member
Lets keep politics outside.
I do agree with this and wish to restrict all politics unrelated to the Roxor or related issues at this time.
But I also understand the future of our country is a hot topic that must be discussed as it affects us all including this site and its workings. Therefore, I can't guarantee politics won't be allowed at some point, but I can say we have a plan to issue control and visibility to only those who wish to be a part of it.

THIS IS A ROXOR COMMUNITY.
We are committed to keeping this community Roxor related. This includes respecting and understanding that a Thar and Roxor are not the same. If there are any Thar post that is not Roxor related, please report so they can be moved into a Thar section.

TeamRoxor.com is more than ROXOR!
At some point, things will become redundant. That's because you can't talk about a Roxor but so much before its the same thing over and over with nothing else to discuss. When this happens people stop posting, stop conversating, stop visiting, and the community will die. Our goal is to keep the community alive and one plan to do this is the expansion of the "off-topic" area in relation to the Roxor lifestyle like camping, hunting, fishing, RVing, Family, Life, Love, and maybe Religion.

Controlling off-topics with Opt-In Groups.
To keep the community alive we must expand into other topics. Currently, we are not ready for this yet, maybe after the new year, we can start working on it. Then we will open up Opt-In groups. These "groups" will allow people to Opt-In to view the threads. Say you want to see the post about camping but you hate hunting. No problem, opt-in to the camping forum and never the hunting forum. Then camping topics will show in your feed without Hunting, Fishing, RVing, Life, Love, and Religion.

Will this work?
Well, not by its self. We will need your help! Help to keep topics, ON TOPIC and check to make sure new topics are posted in the appropriate areas. One thing we will need is more tenured members who wish to volunteer to help oversee these type of things as we grow. Right now we are only choosing tenured members. But always looking for people who are interested in helping the community grow.

Ok,
Well, I think that's all I wanted to discuss in reply.
Hit me back with any questions.
Thanks.
@ROXOR
Team Roxor Founder

RidgeRunner

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I agree. Here's a picture of my bike on the Blue Ridge Parkway. 0Lol

0727181432c~2.jpg

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I do agree with this and wish to restrict all politics unrelated to the Roxor or related issues at this time.
But I also understand the future of our country is a hot topic that must be discussed as it affects us all including this site and its workings. Therefore, I can't guarantee politics won't be allowed at some point, but I can say we have a plan to issue control and visibility to only those who wish to be a part of it.

THIS IS A ROXOR COMMUNITY.
We are committed to keeping this community Roxor related. This includes respecting and understanding that a Thar and Roxor are not the same. If there are any Thar post that is not Roxor related, please report so they can be moved into a Thar section.

TeamRoxor.com is more than ROXOR!
At some point, things will become redundant. That's because you can't talk about a Roxor but so much before its the same thing over and over with nothing else to discuss. When this happens people stop posting, stop conversating, stop visiting, and the community will die. Our goal is to keep the community alive and one plan to do this is the expansion of the "off-topic" area in relation to the Roxor lifestyle like camping, hunting, fishing, RVing, Family, Life, Love, and maybe Religion.

Controlling off-topics with Opt-In Groups.
To keep the community alive we must expand into other topics. Currently, we are not ready for this yet, maybe after the new year, we can start working on it. Then we will open up Opt-In groups. These "groups" will allow people to Opt-In to view the threads. Say you want to see the post about camping but you hate hunting. No problem, opt-in to the camping forum and never the hunting forum. Then camping topics will show in your feed without Hunting, Fishing, RVing, Life, Love, and Religion.

Will this work?
Well, not by its self. We will need your help! Help to keep topics, ON TOPIC and check to make sure new topics are posted in the appropriate areas. One thing we will need is more tenured members who wish to volunteer to help oversee these type of things as we grow. Right now we are only choosing tenured members. But always looking for people who are interested in helping the community grow.

Ok,
Well, I think that's all I wanted to discuss in reply.
Hit me back with any questions.
Thanks.
@ROXOR
Team Roxor Founder

What you say sounds fine in theory, but in the real world this country is highly polarized and each side is demonizing the other. Respect for the other side is non existent and everyone treats there opponents like they're engaged in some kind of conspiracy to bring down the entire country. This is the REAL world we currently find ourselves in.

That said if you decide to add a political section then the toxic negativity that could come out might actually destroy this site just like it's brought down others. That's my advice.........

Paulson

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
What you say sounds fine in theory, but in the real world this country is highly polarized and each side is demonizing the other. Respect for the other side is non existent and everyone treats there opponents like they're engaged in some kind of conspiracy to bring down the entire country. This is the REAL world we currently find ourselves in.

That said if you decide to add a political section then the toxic negativity that could come out might actually destroy this site just like it's brought down others. That's my advice.........
True. It is a very tough time. But my family finds a way to peacefully discuss things. My wife is a Democrat. Daughter is a libertarian. Dad is a liberal. Me I'm a a Republican. We work through our differences. And just hang out every night. As for politics. It has no place here in my own opinion.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
One thing I think we can all agree on, is we all love, enjoy, and appreciate our Roxor's and everyone else on here. I for one am one here for my Roxor and to converse and learn about my Roxor, and enjoy and appreciate what other do to and with theirs. KCRO (Keep Calm and Rox On)!

rseth020

Roxor Ownership
Do not own
Found this ...eric anderson from mahindra explaining 6 major difference between roxor & sxs.

Something to notice is he said "still classified as UTV"

Jamesc

I am another member who does not want to see the nation's political divide spill over into our Roxor community. I recognize that some people want the government to do more and an equal amount want less government in our lives. While I'm in the 'less government" camp, I suspect that there is a vast middle ground where cooler heads from both sides could meet so we could continue to move our county and economy forward. But, until people actually will listen and respect the views of those with differing points of view, we run the risk of damaging a great forum. In short, for now keep this Forum mostly around Roxor related topics.