ooooooooooo

HUMMM? WHAT IS THIS FOR? ?

Vinny

Supporting Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Seat update:

After having the CHEAP SEATS in for a few trips to the land and driving around town, getting in and out of the seat with its tall bolsters was hard on the seat itself.
As I would turn or twist and roll out of the seat, the bolster would roll off of its seat frame / bar that kept the side bolsters in place. After 30-40 exit cycles the foam would not spring back over the frame. This left a real irritating bulge without any foam on it. My left hip/butt cheek was riding on a 3/8 - 1/2 round bar with just material between my ass and the bar.

I tried injecting some glue with a syringe on the gar and then rolling the foam back on. It worked for 1 exit cycle then it never popped back where it belonged. S H I T !

So I pulled the seat and took it to a local trim shop. The guy named Van from Cambodia pulled the seat apart and removed the support bars and re shaped the bolsters. He charged me $140. Geeeezzzzzus! The damn seat only cost $200. Errrrrrr.

Well it made the seat work. But now the foam would flop over and just kinda lay there, like it did before accept now you could flop it back up. Errrrrr.

So I got pissed, decided to Magiver a side support to keep the holster in place while the driver exits. I made a cardboard template in about 4 minutes. Called my buddy Pete and headed over with the template.

We found a piece of 11 gage steel in his stash and cut out the two pieces needed. I eye balled the curve shape I thought would be close to the seat shape. Pete welded it up, ground off most of the nasties. I then applied the rattle can black.

Once home I disassembled the seat from the adaptor plate. Drilled the attach holes in the new side support and seat plate. Once it was all drilled in I pulled it apart and I did counter sink fasteners from the top to keep all the fasteners out of the way of any sliding seat parts.

Assembled it all back together and WOW! It works PERFECT! LOL.

I only did the one side where my fat ass smashes it upon entry and exit. The inboard side does not crush because 300 plus pounds ain't smashing it over the edge. Lol. The passenger seat is fine. I don't ride there much and when I do, since there is no steering wheel in the way, I can lift up and over the bolsters.

So a Saturday morning of fabrication and install. I think it took 3 hours with an hour of driving thrown in. Beer30.....

Being 6 foot tall and 6 feet in diameter is not the ideal shape to stuff in these little clown cars! Hahaaaaaa. I love this thing!

BDRAG

View attachment 8557 View attachment 8558 View attachment 8559 View attachment 8560 View attachment 8561 View attachment 8562 View attachment 8563 View attachment 8564
I was excited when I saw the picture of the seat and the price. Then I read your review. Darn! I was hoping for something cheap, good looking that would last, and comfortable. Yeah, I know......good luck finding that Unicorn. ? Thanks for the review. ??

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
:-(
I was excited when I saw the picture of the seat and the price. Then I read your review. Darn! I was hoping for something cheap, good looking that would last, and comfortable. Yeah, I know......good luck finding that Unicorn. ? Thanks for the review. ??
My main reason was I wanted to be able to recline a tad. Then lean it back up too.

BDRAG