ooooooooooo

Hi from a Newbie Newfie

OffRoad709

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Hi guys New here , just bought a 2018 Rox and i will be looking for lots of advice so i hope you like lots of questions! Been riding off road since the late 70's started off on a 71 Honda trike, had lots of trikes, quads and Side by Sides. Can't wait for Summer to get the new beast unleashed ??

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Welcome aboard. Throw out all your expectations for quads and sxs’s as the Roxor is more CJ Jeep like than sxs like.
Once you come to terms with that you’ll be good to go as you’re tilting at windmills if you think the ride is gonna be like or can be made to be like a Rzr or other sxs.

OffRoad709

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Welcome aboard. Throw out all your expectations for quads and sxs’s as the Roxor is more CJ Jeep like than sxs like.
Once you come to terms with that you’ll be good to go as you’re tilting at windmills if you think the ride is gonna be like or can be made to be like a Rzr or other sxs.
Just needed a rig for the woods roads , had enough of the rough going in the mud and stuff haha

us17094

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hi guys New here , just bought a 2018 Rox and i will be looking for lots of advice so i hope you like lots of questions! Been riding off road since the late 70's started off on a 71 Honda trike, had lots of trikes, quads and Side by Sides. Can't wait for Summer to get the new beast unleashed ??
Welcome! Curious about your handle - are you based in Newfoundland?

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
What has the previous owner done to the Rox?

OffRoad709

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
What has the previous owner done to the Rox?
Already installed:
Soft cab
Front bumper with Warn #8000 Winch
Oil Pan Skid plate
Rims and Tire upgrade with spare mounted to rear
Windshield

Wish List as follows:
I'm looking for Warn Locking Hubs ( Maybe Mile Marker if reviews here are acceptable)
Egr delete / may or may not do stage one tune (have to research it)
Looking for LED bulbs for headlights
Fender Flare ideas
Heater (eventually)
Windshield wiper

I don't need anything fancy , not looking for speed or need to go rock crawling as it will be used on hard packed trails , woods roads. Looking to make it last and be fuel efficient. Any ideas advice i would really appreciate! I'm in Canada so there isn't a great selection online for us from what i can find so far.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Unless you find someone with new old stock you won’t find the warn hubs as they have been discontinued. Mile marker is pretty much your only choice so it looks as if the decision has been made for you.

Any CJ 5/7 fender flare will fit. Just be aware the fronts aren’t a perfect fit to the fender lines. Roxor fenders have slightly more curve from the side to the front than the CJ Jeep had so there’s a slight gap there when looking down at the front corner of the fender and flare

If your oil pan skid is painted red and made by Mahindra you’ll need to ditch it if you’re gonna actually need to use it and perhaps even if you never use it. They are known to crack the mounting legs from the engine vibration and then you get a rather loud rattle from the skid. Folks have had this problem on units that have seen zero off-road trails. I would suggest getting a Cecco skid if one is needed.

OffRoad709

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Unless you find someone with new old stock you won’t find the warn hubs as they have been discontinued. Mile marker is pretty much your only choice so it looks as if the decision has been made for you.

Any CJ 5/7 fender flare will fit. Just be aware the fronts aren’t a perfect fit to the fender lines. Roxor fenders have slightly more curve from the side to the front than the CJ Jeep had so there’s a slight gap there when looking down at the front corner of the fender and flare

If your oil pan skid is painted red and made by Mahindra you’ll need to ditch it if you’re gonna actually need to use it and perhaps even if you never use it. They are known to crack the mounting legs from the engine vibration and then you get a rather loud rattle from the skid. Folks have had this problem on units that have seen zero off-road trails. I would suggest getting a Cecco skid if one is needed.
Thanks for the info ! Much appreciated

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
A small but noticeable upgrade would be shocks. If u have original they are worthless. I installed Kyb shocks once again on a budget but are a 100% improvement in ride.

OffRoad709

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
A small but noticeable upgrade would be shocks. If u have original they are worthless. I installed Kyb shocks once again on a budget but are a 100% improvement in ride.
Nice , on a budget is always good if it works ! I will check those out. Thanks again