ooooooooooo

Hello from Arizona

Tonopah

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hello from Kirkland, AZ (Yavapai County). I own some ranch property here and a neighbor has grazing rights. I have a Polaris General but have been eyeing the Roxor. I’m a jeep guy (2020 JT and 2005 LJ) and the Roxor is appealing.

If I have my way, the Roxor would be street legal and uncorked to do up to 70mph. Mostly dirt ranch roads here but a highway to get to the nearest town (Yarnell) about 15 miles away.

Looking forward to learning.

Paulson

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
welcome frome cochise. mine will definitly do over, 88 mph+. rides a little harsh. but a friaken work horse that will last forever.

Tonopah

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Well, the roxor would not be my daily driver! Just a ranch vehicle for fun. I'll keep reading and see what I can learn here.

Paulson

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
cool people here. don't be afraid to ask questions. i actually averaged my miles and hrs. im at 11.58 miles per hr

Vinny

Supporting Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Welcome. Go through your area all the time. BEAUTIFUL! What's up with the steak house??

Tonopah

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I think it's been for sale for some time. Kirkland is the closest town to me as the crow flies but Yarnell is where I go most often by far. I live about 10 miles off the 89A in the Weaver Mtns. Closest civilization is Peeples Valley on the 89A.

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hello fellow Arizonan!
I have owned my 2019 Roxor for about four months and really enjoy it. It's not a daily driver, but I have driven it to work about a dozen times. Fun, perfect around town, good on highway. Great for a trip to Home Depot / Lowes.

They are great right "out of the box". But with a few minor mods, usability is very good. Here is what I have done:
- larger tires, mud terrain.
- Warn hubs for road use
- turning radius adjust
- windshield (cj frame and glass)
- add-on leaf (front)
- winch plate (I have not decided on a winch)
- everything to be street and trail legal in AZ.

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I bought the two Roxors out of state. I keep one up north for summers and one in Arizona for Winter. The one in Chandler is licensed and registered in Arizona, street and trail legal. I put about 400 miles in it.

Tonopah

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
As you know from my original post, I do want a street legal (AZ) roxor and it seems the way to uncork the motor a bit is to add a modified ECU. I do not know the procedure to improve the turning radius but it looks like some have been able to do that.

Sgtatarms

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Welcome from Mississippi! Go ahead, bite the bullet and get you a Roxor. You won't regret it. I feel like a kid again when I'm driving mine! I'm 68 and feeling 18! And oh how I wish my state would let us make them street legal like Arizona!

gpfred

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
paulson -- what have you done to your roxor to get it to do over 88mph

Vinny

Supporting Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
it was a refrence to back to the future. i havent had it over 75 on the highway.
Have the Vivid stage 1 on mine. Got it to 70, thought that was faster than I'd want to go again. 88 had me thinking I was a weenie.?

Paulson

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Have the Vivid stage 1 on mine. Got it to 70, thought that was faster than I'd want to go again. 88 had me thinking I was a weenie.?
i found around 53 is the sweet spot

gpfred

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
lol ok --- i have vivid stage 2 - cold air intake--the due dad from diesel freaks to stop turbo leaks-- turbo boost valve-- and only get 73mph-- but sweet spot cuising is 57 - 60

gpfred

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
also took off all egr crap and drilled out all the goodies in catalatic converter

Randy Burns

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Keep in mind these are all 2018 or 2019 models getting this speed. The 2020 has lower 5:43 gears compared to the 3:73 of prior years. tuning and eliminating the speed limiter will only get you to about 60MPH before reaching 3000 RPM. As a dealer I would recommend if it's to be a highway vehicle of any kind buy a 2019 for sure. If it's going to be a ranch rig and hardly see any road use then a 2020 is the way to go. Good luck and which ever way you go they are the best SxS out there hands down.

Tonopah

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Randy -- great comments. You and Paulson are getting me to rethink the 2020.

Randy Burns

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
For reference, the 2019 turns 1750RPM at 55 and the 2020 turns 2900RPM at 55mph. Which do you think is going to get good mileage and a long lifespan down the highway? :)