ooooooooooo

Hardtop for Thar. These don't cost very much in India

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
So I saw a new post on Youtube from a fellow in India who was showing off his new hardtop for his Thar. A local manufacturer is making a nice looking top with a heavy rust resistant coating and windows. From the video it looks like a pretty good top. The best part was in the end when the guy revealed it costs about 45000 rupees, which is about $600 bucks. Gosh I'm starting to wish I lived there. Here's a link to the video:

Now if you look at his top the A pilliar is gone and the top extended all the way to the door jam. Therefor, if someone was willing to import doors and this top that should be all that you need. I'll bet the parts in India would cost around a grand and you could buy a large quantity and import them to the USA for only a few hundred per kit. I'd be happy to pay 2 grand to get my hands on it. Any business guys interested in putting this connection together????

CanadianRoxor

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I’ve spoken to a few guys regarding these back in India. One of the issues is you gotta pay for a container which is 5k. So if these would fit we would need a fair bit of guys willing to drop on a setup to offset that 5k freight cost.

Bill Patridge

Founding Member
I may have an interest in importing a container of these...is there a contact for these companies and are they legit??....Do they fit the ROXOR without problems....windshield???

CanadianRoxor

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
You’ll need to know someone in India since the export laws are pretty strict. If you don’t you’ll have to enlist with a broker since your part supplier most likely will not have an export licence.

Nothing at this point is confirmed fitment, it’s all trial by error. My contact in India is in the midst of getting a Roxor body direct from Mahindra since he has some ties at the corporate level and he is a certified parts supplier in Indian for Mahindra. I spoke to him last night and he did mention he will make a full enclosure for the Roxor but they can’t do anything without the actual body to start.

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
You’ll need to know someone in India since the export laws are pretty strict. If you don’t you’ll have to enlist with a broker since your part supplier most likely will not have an export licence.

Nothing at this point is confirmed fitment, it’s all trial by error. My contact in India is in the midst of getting a Roxor body direct from Mahindra since he has some ties at the corporate level and he is a certified parts supplier in Indian for Mahindra. I spoke to him last night and he did mention he will make a full enclosure for the Roxor but they can’t do anything without the actual body to start.

Did he give you a timeline??

To_the_Rox

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Search for prad 4x4 . He is a friend of mine. They manufacture hard tops and other accessories for that's in India. PM for any assistance

Rakesh Mothukuri

Roxor Ownership
Thar Owner
Greetings from Prad4x4™ India

Posting few pics of the hardtops we manufacture in India for the Mahindra Thar's

Cheers

hardtop 2.jpeg hardtop 3.jpeg hardtop 4.jpeg Hardtop 1.jpeg hardtop 6.jpeg hardtop 5.jpeg hardtop 8.jpeg hardtop 7.jpeg

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Would you be able to ship the top and doors and a Pilar to the us

The first group of guys to get that pipeline working are going to make a good chunk of change lol

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
would you need a soft top or a metal hardtop as shown in the images

Well in order to make the hard top work I would need a complete windshield, doors, and A pillar. On the other hand a soft top would be okay. The manufacturer could make a soft top similar to the Armoro top. Maybe they could just make soft doors with a zipper to get in and out. That might be okay too.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The Bestop soft doors are really nice. Metal frame and fabric around it and thick weather stripping around the outside.

CanadianRoxor

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Gents. I’ll be ordering a set of doors and b pillar once my Grill and Windshield are for sale. The vendor said he can provide hardtops and soft tops and he customs makes the hard tops. I should have a nice collection of parts shortly for the Roxor crowd.

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Do you have an estimate for what the complete system will cost. Will your doors be complete with mirrors

CanadianRoxor

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I do not because my biggest issue right now is what kind of duties I will be hit with once they hit Canada. The doors will not come with mirrors since they can be purchased here. My biggest issue is glass because I can’t promise it will get here in once piece.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Glass is prolly the easiest thing for most of us to get.

The wiper setup will need attention as well with the Thar windshield.

CanadianRoxor

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Glass is prolly the easiest thing for most of us to get.

The wiper setup will need attention as well with the Thar windshield.

That’s a good point! I will inquire about the wipers.

The windshield has folding hinges but I’ve been told they are bolted down on the inside to the dash. That might need some make up solution once it gets here. I’m currently thinking of just drilling and bolting it down with some HD hardware since this windshield frame probably won’t work with the CJ style windshield hooks.