ooooooooooo

Hard working Roxors

Dutch

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I am a Roxor dealer in Central Montana, and just sold two Roxors to a very large underground mine here in Montana. These Roxors will be hauling miners several miles under ground. The environment is very distructive to any machine. They have been using Kabota SXS because only diesel engines can be used underground. The Kabota's are good for 6 months before major repairs, and are junk within a short time. The Drilling teams are excited about the Roxors, they bought them due to the extreme toughness of the machine. and they are easy to keep clean underneath compared to a typical side by side. This will be a true test of the Roxor. I will let you know how it goes.

Bobby

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
This will be very interesting. Please keep us posted. Certainly an environment that is extreme.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I’ve seen places invest > 70k on diesel swapped rigs. This will be a godsend for that industry.

Dutch

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
For those of you following the Underground Mining Roxors, The mine just purchased two more and are really excited to be replacing their Kubota Diesel side x side with the Roxor. They are convinced the durability is going to be significantly better. They added a rear facing rear seat with a step at the rear to make it easy to get into the back. The only issue is the best way to slow them down.! 45mph in a narrow tunnel, two miles underground not a good thing

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
What a great PR opportunity for Roxor. They need to put testimonials on the website about how well these held up.

Trailway88

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Definitely keep us updated on the points of failure on the roxor. These will definitely be the first to have major repairs. I wonder how quickly they go through air filters

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Yeah compared to the diesel swapped Toyotas, these are better in nearly every way and a fraction of the price. I bet there are a bunch of industries that will benefit from a work oriented ORV for workloads outside a tractor’s use case. The US hasnt really seen anything like this since AMC bought Kaiser (and pulled the PTO). Once the PTO accessories come out, this thing will get silly.

For northern US and Canada, imagine a rear auger setup for ice fishing. It’s gonna be awesome lol

CTDiesel

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
For those of you following the Underground Mining Roxors, The mine just purchased two more and are really excited to be replacing their Kubota Diesel side x side with the Roxor. They are convinced the durability is going to be significantly better. They added a rear facing rear seat with a step at the rear to make it easy to get into the back. The only issue is the best way to slow them down.! 45mph in a narrow tunnel, two miles underground not a good thing
I have a method to slow them down, let me know if you're interested and we can get you a test version.

Thatonemikeguy

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Likely a hard rock mine - probably either the Stillwater platinum/palladium mine or Golden Sunrise gold mine. To my knowledge the only underground coal mine is all electric.
I was living in Columbus, MT last year, where they have a maintenance shop for the Stillwater mine, they have a ton of busted side by sides just sitting there, 20-30 at any given time. I'm pretty sure the roxor is going to become very popular in that sector.

Dutch

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
For you out there with below 0 degree winters, have any of you figured out a good block heater for your Roxor?Would like to keep oil flowing when really cold. (North Dakota cold)

quickshot

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
For you out there with below 0 degree winters, have any of you figured out a good block heater for your Roxor?Would like to keep oil flowing when really cold. (North Dakota cold)
Have you considered the Katz oil pan magnetic heaters? I have a Mahindra tractor that is a cold hearted dog to started during winters. It had an inline radiator heater which didn't do crap for starting. Once I installed the Katz, starts at -15 degrees no problem. I am looking at adding one to my Roxor, but haven't looked to see if it will work with the oil pan protection plating yet.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I use the magnet oil pan heater. Starts fine in single digits.

ehart814

I know that Morton has purchased several roxors for in their underground salt mines. Whatever vehicles they were using before would literally melt after some time. Once the roxors go underground, they won’t see daylight again until they are junk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B

Bister

I know that Morton has purchased several roxors for in their underground salt mines. Whatever vehicles they were using before would literally melt after some time. Once the roxors go underground, they won’t see daylight again until they are junk.

We have potash mines here that are basically the same thing. The by-product of Potash is salt. Once something goes underground, it stays there, but the neat thing is, it doesn't rust until it comes up out of that environment. If it stays under ground, they don't rust.

B

Bister

Check with your dealer, he will have a service bulletin for recommendations for cold weather. It has stick on heater pads for each side of the oil pan in it and a couple other things.

ehart814

We have potash mines here that are basically the same thing. The by-product of Potash is salt. Once something goes underground, it stays there, but the neat thing is, it doesn't rust until it comes up out of that environment. If it stays under ground, they don't rust.

Now that you mention that they did say the same thing to me. Pretty weird.