ooooooooooo

Hard top or soft top that fits

Sonnyd

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hey guys, does anybody have a line on a good soft top, or better yet a good hardtop that may fit the rox. Winter is coming in fast and I want to get ahead of it. This seems like it may fit with some modification. Bestop Supertop for 55-75 Jeep CJ-5 & 51-62 M-38A1

The mahindra version has limited info on it and dosnt include a rear window. Plus it will be difficult to run rear seats with the angle of the top. Also at 1500$ we are def looking at more hard top prices than soft top. Just my 2 cents.

mopar93

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Yes, the Bestop Supertop would be very nice, but I think the problem lies with the Roxor's rollcage being too tall and a CJ style windshield would be needed. The cure is to remove the Roxor rollcage, install a CJ windshield, and build a new lower rollcage assembly. Bestop would still have to do a Roxor version for this combination, but they probably won't because how many people will eliminate the stock rollcage and install a CJ windshield and new rollcage? I might do all of this to my Roxor in a few years, but for now, I'm going to live with the stock rollcage and install the Bestop cab enclosure that is sold through the Roxor dealers. I don't care for the zippered doors, but will have to live with it for now. I want to be able to use this thing in the cold winter months that are coming up fast here in Michigan. I'm also installing a heater.

There is a company in India that is building hardtops for Thar vehicles. They remove the Thar soft top when this is done. What happens to all of these Thar soft tops? If we install a Thar windshield and Thar doors, we could then install these Thar soft tops that are getting thrown away.

Jewell68

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
No simple solution. Anything Jeep was repurposed to fit and tweaked just right. Wrangler windshield, roll bar, seats, doors with a windscreen. Added an aftermarket Jeggs heater, not air tight but plenty warm and the only zippers are for window operation. Doors open and closes like a vehicle.
947510A8-AB2E-450E-83D2-281F827805EF.jpeg
BF6140B2-76B3-4CAB-A5AC-A710A59EB1BE.jpeg

Woodsman74881

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Hey guys, does anybody have a line on a good soft top, or better yet a good hardtop that may fit the rox. Winter is coming in fast and I want to get ahead of it. This seems like it may fit with some modification. Bestop Supertop for 55-75 Jeep CJ-5 & 51-62 M-38A1

The mahindra version has limited info on it and dosnt include a rear window. Plus it will be difficult to run rear seats with the angle of the top. Also at 1500$ we are def looking at more hard top prices than soft top. Just my 2 cents.
I bought a Fortress Steel Top and windshield for my Roxor. Very well built. I paid around $1000. Windshield Tilts and has hole in frame for wiper.

Bfree

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Here's a pic of the Fortress top and Windshield! It was very easy to install and excellent quality.
KIMG0848.JPG

KIMG0849.JPG

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
BTW the CJ5 setup wont fit. The tub on Roxor is close to LJ specs (also the pre-76 CJs had a 'ridge' around the tub). I got a '57 right next to the Roxor, and while the same width and same length in front of the tub, the Roxor tub is WAY longer. In the '57 you can easilly touch the rear tire from the Driver's seat.

So far, the only full enclosure is MM's, and that works with the OTR windshield *with modifications*. I'm holding out on a squared off full or half cab enclosure.

P Bleskey

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I bought a Fortress Steel Top and windshield for my Roxor. Very well built. I paid around $1000. Windshield Tilts and has hole in frame for wiper.
I just ordered my Fortress LoPro metal roof and tipout windshield today. Won’t see it for six weeks but from my research it looks very well built. I like the tip out feature and most of all glass, not plastic. Spendy though, $539.00 for the roof, $799.00 for the tip out. They do have a fixed windshield as well. Considering Polaris charged $1100.00 for their tip glass for the General 4 I had there prices are in line in my view. The Polaris windshield fit poorly, as I soon found out it was as good as my whole Polaris experience.............

P Bleskey

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Here's a pic of the Fortress top and Windshield! It was very easy to install and excellent quality. View attachment 1610

View attachment 1609
Nice! Can you tell me whether the Fortress windshield precludes the use of side view mirrors like Siezmik makes where the clamp wraps around the roll cage tubing. Also do you feel the roof would preclude using the grab handles that also wrap around the role cage.

Woodsman74881

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I have clamp on mirrors. It fits fine. Fortress has an ample seal that mooshes around the clamp for the side mirrors. I will get a picture for you when I get a chance. I'll post it sometime tomorrow.

P Bleskey

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have clamp on mirrors. It fits fine. Fortress has an ample seal that mooshes around the clamp for the side mirrors. I will get a picture for you when I get a chance. I'll post it sometime tomorrow.
Awesome! I’m getting ready to move on mirrors, this helps a ton.

General

Founding Member
curious, is there a difference between the Wrangler windshield frame and CJ7 frame? I know I've read that the CJ7 is direct bolt on. Thanks.
YJ Wrangler windshield is very similar to CJ7, but newer Wranglers are totally different. Just to clarify, CJ7 has NOT been direct bolt on for anyone that I can tell, but it is relatively simple metalwork to get it to fit, about 3 hours with the right tools, especially a side mill. If it were about money or function, I'd stick with a Roxor windshield. The Jeep ones' only benefit in nostalgia, but like most old Jeep products, it's a difficult fit and inconsistent performance especially the CJ wiper system.

IppoJ

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
...Just to clarify, CJ7 has NOT been direct bolt on for anyone that I can tell, but it is relatively simple metalwork to get it to fit, about 3 hours with the right tools, especially a side mill....
Apology, I meant direct bolt-on to the body but the roll bar needs to be reworked to get a CJ windshield frame to fit. correct?

General

Founding Member
Apology, I meant direct bolt-on to the body but the roll bar needs to be reworked to get a CJ windshield frame to fit. correct?
Both. The roll bar must be cut just forward of the vertical "B" pillar. And the CJ windshield frame and hinges must be modified slightly to align the holes with each other and with the Roxor body. Also, my other CJ7 windshield frame's holes for the wipers, wiper motor mount plate, interior brackets, sun visors, and footman loop (nearly every hole) had to be relocated slightly to align and fit those additional accessories.

Woodsman74881

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Here are the pictures I promised on the mirrors with the fortress top. Also a couple others with things I have done. I put a manual wiper on . Don't need it much. Rain X does a pretty good job. The wiper comes with a 1/2" shaft, the windshield with a 5/8" hole. I put a O ring around shaft and it took up the slack. Roxor 7.jpgRoxor 7.jpgRoxor 8.jpgRoxor 9.jpgRoxor 12.jpgRoxor 13.jpgRoxor 14.jpgRoxor 15.jpgRoxor1.jpgRoxor2.jpgRoxor3.jpg

P Bleskey

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Here are the pictures I promised on the mirrors with the fortress top. Also a couple others with things I have done. I put a manual wiper on . Don't need it much. Rain X does a pretty good job. The wiper comes with a 1/2" shaft, the windshield with a 5/8" hole. I put a O ring around shaft and it took up the slack. View attachment 1910View attachment 1910View attachment 1911View attachment 1912View attachment 1913View attachment 1914View attachment 1915View attachment 1916View attachment 1917View attachment 1918View attachment 1919
Thanks for the pics! The bumpers, where did you find them.......nice!

Woodsman74881

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Amazon crown automotive. $69. Had to drill 2 holes in bumper and offset 1 hole in bumpette. Rugged ridge makes some also for about the same price. I’ve heard their holes line up better. Cj5 bumpettes. Took about an hour to install

P Bleskey

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Amazon crown automotive. $69. Had to drill 2 holes in bumper and offset 1 hole in bumpette. Rugged ridge makes some also for about the same price. I’ve heard their holes line up better. Cj5 bumpettes. Took about an hour to install
Thanks Woodsman!