ooooooooooo

Got the plow on, now I need snow.

B

Bister

Well, I got the plow on. There are bolts with flat irons welded on to get them inside the frame behind the bumper after you drill the mounting holes on the drivers side, it took a little creative bending, but I got them in. The passenger side is fine because there is no steering box bolts in the way. The instructions are pretty straightforward so I never did a video. I might do an ‘overview’ when I get it out and try it. Very simple to wire in also. Some minor adjustments on the drop speed and a couple other things, that was about it.

174A149E-A24D-4136-AD4E-D40C105DBE52.jpeg6B6CBF69-A123-478B-AE1F-633CF8B8A391.jpegACD07390-1F4B-470D-AFE7-FEDD5842E0D5.jpeg1A174138-86E9-4D7F-A847-788BD73D1ABB.jpeg56868EA0-E833-415E-A480-18739AA7C391.jpegDBF1C351-A3A5-4B8A-8194-69B5B6FC15D6.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Bister

I noticed your Roxor's engine is off. Is it just powered off the battery?

Yep, powered direct off the battery, but you do have to turn it on via the remote (snowplow control). Here's the wiring diagram. It was very simple, especially for me, because I already installed a low power fuse block that comes on with the ignition, under my dash. So, I just had to hook on to that. The cable going to the left, in the picture, plugs into the plow.

fullsizeoutput_c7.jpeg

B

Bister

I went out playing. It's awesome, but some problems; not with the Roxor, just snow and a plowing thing in general. Snow coming over the plow and into the rad and engine compartment and getting the alternator wet, so you lose your charging for bit till it dries out. The other problem is that this thing is a beast on this plow and you might not want to go home. lol. Plow light would be a good thing if you come home after dark with the plow up. If you are using it for lot plowing, plowing slow around the yard, or in the daytime; these things will not be an issue. Also, if you have a cab and heater, you might want to take cookie dough with you and bake some for a snack, since you are not going home, it gets warm in there when the Roxor gets working.

I'm adding homemade snow flaps on the top edge, like the big guys have, to slow the snow coming over the top. Also defrost and wiper(s) would be a good thing, both are on the way. I'm just adding a manual wiper for now.

Today was a test and learning day. I think I'm almost ready. (y)(y)(y)
IMG_4643.JPGIMG_4646.JPGIMG_4647.JPGIMG_4648.JPGIMG_4650.JPGIMG_4652.JPGIMG_4653.JPGIMG_4658.JPG

B

Bister

I adjusted my stop bolts on my steering when I got my Roxor, now I adjusted them back (video). If you put a plow on, check your tires for rubbing, also if you have bigger tires and you put a plow on. You also have very little clearance with the plow on. Once the plow is removed you will still have the mount on the Roxor and it isn't as low. I'll be taking my plow mount off for summer.

IMG_4672.JPG

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Lookin good!

I'm waiting on my mount still.

B

Bister

Lookin good!

I'm waiting on my mount still.
Thanks. When you slip the Plow off, my lowest part is sitting at 9” off the ground. Once you get it and if you have any questions, shoot me a message. It’s pretty straightforward though.

CD3B12F8-77C1-4AE1-B453-E40EBE592AFA.jpegC047F6C3-F458-4154-AB02-6150BB43F228.jpeg

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
That is looking like it'll work with my 70s era Meyers (small pin) perfectly. I sold my 50s era plow recently.

B

Bister

FLAPS DOWN CAPTAIN.

I installed some 5” flaps for an old rubber bedilner. That should help.
26BCCEDB-15A6-4A01-9E66-4817A6FA421E.jpegCE94AC26-1983-46DE-81D9-00F2B2F69326.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

tben87

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I was talking to a friend of mine who sells fisher plows and we were talking about the UTV plows being on a Roxor. He mentioned that the V plow is about 100lbs heavier then the straight blade. So a 100lbs being mounted further out then then axle centerline could very well decrease a considerable amount of ground clearance and be harder on the front springs. Good point on having the snow flaps too. My friend suggested the same, especially on the straight blade as its shorter. I was looking at the plow light attachment for them and I'd sooner build something myself, it looks way ugly. With the light mount being perfectly flat, any piece of angle with a good set of lights would look and work better. Your a pioneer for the rest of us Les.

B

Bister

I was talking to a friend of mine who sells fisher plows and we were talking about the UTV plows being on a Roxor. He mentioned that the V plow is about 100lbs heavier then the straight blade. So a 100lbs being mounted further out then then axle centerline could very well decrease a considerable amount of ground clearance and be harder on the front springs. Good point on having the snow flaps too. My friend suggested the same, especially on the straight blade as its shorter. I was looking at the plow light attachment for them and I'd sooner build something myself, it looks way ugly. With the light mount being perfectly flat, any piece of angle with a good set of lights would look and work better. Your a pioneer for the rest of us Les.

I have absolutely no concerns over the extra weight and length of the V-plow on my Roxor. They put this v-plow on Prowlers, Kubota's , etc. with small coil springs, on those I could see a big difference between a v-plow and straight blade regarding the extra weight. The Roxor is a tank compared to those. I have zero concerns that the plow will cause any problems long term with the front springs what so ever. What I see now a days is as soon as springs sag, people freak out and want to add more leafs or air bags or something. When a spring sags, it is doing it's job, taking up the load. The mount alone decreases your ground clearance, as it does on any truck or utv mounted plow. When you are plowing it really doesn't matter and in the summer, you take the mount off. When you raise the plow, that is when your clearance is the least, but I doubt if you are going to be doing much off-roading with the plow on.

I added my own plow lights.

PS. I should have had the plow on when this happened the other night. lol

IMG_4809.JPG
IMG_4810.JPG
IMG_4818.JPG

tben87

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
nice job on the lights, I agree on the weight point. I saw a v plow setup on a gator while I was there and at full lift and full v angle there's no way the plow wouldn't bottom out on a rough surface. It was only a few inches off the ground. I believe the roxor is over rated for the plow. My friend was just talking theoretically in comparison. He's never heard or seen a roxor until I brought them up. He just knows its basically a diesel cj. He figured mahindra would've went for a Homesteader type plow because of the width and weight of the jeep.

B

Bister

basically your base level home owner plow.
I saw that then I deleted my comment. lol

I think this is a better plow for the Roxor. 7'6" is too wide for me. And that one doesn't come in V-plow.

tben87

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
do you have yours adjusted for the narrower V angle at 5ft or at the wider 5ft 6in ? The roxor being just a tad bigger then 5ft I figured maybe you changed yours to the wider setting.

tben87

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
no, sadly lol, I was waiting forever for a dealer to show up closer to me, then I ended up buying a new chevy diesel ZR2 at a good deal through the railroad, then boom 2 weeks later I get an email from headingleys sports near wpg that they have 3 to look at for me. I started shaking my head lol. And now I'm in the process of buying an off the grid camp that will be our house so the roxor purchase is probably not going to be the most present purchase hahaha. Probably next year once the house purchase settles down.